5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Whatever happened to the House of Blues rumored occupancy of this development? 

That would be such a 'natch' for that location.

I had thought that was part of the previous proposal for this location... The one with the boxy-looking high-rise that nobody liked.  :whistling:

This development plan sounds like it's real. I thought it was just another "Day Dreaming" project. I LOVE the idea of high-end shopping since I work in the AT&T building. I can walk over during lunch and purchase a Versace or Vera Wang piece for an evening on the town. It's time for some couture attire in downtown. If I see one more chick in a dress with cowboy boots I'm going to SCREAM. I don't know who decided that was cute, but it is not.

Edited by FromParkAveToTN
  • Like 2

Lately I keep calling it the Bellsouth Tower, knowing full well that isn't its name anymore. Oh well, habits won't die.

Many more of us refer to "Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport" as simply "Washington National" (or "National", as a former Washingtonian myself from back in the early '60s).  Most of us skyscraper phreaks still refer to the Willis Tower as the Sears Tower.  It's a good thing they don't try to levy fines on us for not calling them things whatever they choose to do, after transfer of property or following the sale of naming rights, or worse yet, the renaming of portions of certain streets nationwide to honor the deceased.  I'm pretty much all for renaming for persons who had gained some national public awareness, but I still refuse to call 18th Ave. North, between Charlotte and Clay St, as "Dr. D.B.Todd, Jr. Blvd".  Hell, that alone can make one develop "carpal-tunnel" of the mouth.

I have no reason to suspect that Vandy ever will change the name of it's iconic Kirkland Tower, or even the recently reconstructed and enhanced residential halls of Kissam Quadrangle, at 21st and West End, but if the quad did get renamed, then the region as a whole would not "miss" it.  On the other hand, "Kirkland" is branded into the minds of most Nashvillians.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...