5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, downtownresident said:

I can’t wait for them to peel off the covering off of this. The stark white walls, wood ceilings, and metal roof are going to stand out in such a good way at that corner. 

The fact that you’ll look out from the windows of that Apple Store and see the start of the district, Legends Corner mural, the Ryman up the hill, and Bridgestone arena is going to be very unique, very Nashville. 

I like the idea too walking east down Broadway when you hit the Apple store you'll be able to see through the store with a huge viewshed and boom The Ryman is right there.

• Like 2

I wonder what Apple's original open date was pegged at after the COVID lockdown.  It seems they did nothing for the longest time, then when things opened up and specifically 5th&Broad opened with such fanfare, their announcement sort of had a ring of "Hey, we'll be opening soon too!!  Don't forget about us!"   Maybe that's the way all big announcements tend to be (perhaps less obvious), but we heard absolutely nothing until the food court opened. 

39 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I wonder what Apple's original open date was pegged at after the COVID lockdown.  It seems they did nothing for the longest time, then when things opened up and specifically 5th&Broad opened with such fanfare, their announcement sort of had a ring of "Hey, we'll be opening soon too!!  Don't forget about us!"   Maybe that's the way all big announcements tend to be (perhaps less obvious), but we heard absolutely nothing until the food court opened. 

My understanding it that Apple wanted their opening to stand alone and not "get lost" during the first phase opening. It's still pretty low key as it will be appointment only to start. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

My understanding it that Apple wanted their opening to stand alone and not "get lost" during the first phase opening. It's still pretty low key as it will be appointment only to start. 

Well they only just earlier this month started opening their retail stores to even let people inside. Not sure if Green Hills has reopened, last time I was there they had built a wall and its just a booth you can walk up to at front of store.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

That's going to be an iconic "Nashville" image with the Apple store and Ryman, Legends' mural and Tootsie's purple in the background.

So when are the bollards going to be extended all the way to the river on both sides?  

It’s included in Mayor Coopers capital spending plan for this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1