5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

42 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Nashville Yards. 

Yards will be impressive in scale, not sure it has the potential to match the pedestrian friendly retail and entertainment offering that Fifth + Broadway has, although we don't know a whole lot about how their entertainment district is going to pan out yet.

• Like 2

I had guests from Charlotte two weeks ago and we went by the Assembly Hall.  It was so crowded and the lines so long at EVERY venue we left.  It seems this is an outstanding success, but just wonder if the crowds will begin to become strictly tourists.  As Yogi Berra said, its become so popular no one goes there any more.....or something to that effect I think.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

also pro tip: you can pre order food hall food on their website. So you can do that and roll in and skip the lines and just pick up your food and sit down.

I did this at Armature Works in Tampa a few weeks ago on a Friday night.  In this case, all the locals were in line, chatting it up, while the tourist (me) pulled up the app, ordered, and went to the pickup window.

• Like 4

On 6/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, DDIG said:

What day / time did you go? Weekend evenings are tough but manageable during the week and earlier in day from what I’ve found.

also pro tip: you can pre order food hall food on their website. So you can do that and roll in and skip the lines and just pick up your food and sit down.

This was a Saturday and the big Baptist convention was in town.  Actually had guests again last night who wanted to go and it was manageable but very busy.  The live music in the Food Hall was good, but the volume was excessively loud, in this older man's opinion.  Sixty Vines is huge but had a near capacity crowd last night at around 6:00 pm.  Good news is that Blanco's, Sixty Vines, The Twelve Thirty club all take reservations.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Just 4 months after retail parts of 5th & Broadway started opening,  it has 'far exceeded our expectations.' An interview with GM Tom Miller.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/the-freakish-power-of-webers-slapshot/

Never underestimate American Consumerism! People love to spend money, even money we may not actually have haha

• Like 1

This should be a welcome addition for food options near Bridgestone Arena before a Preds game. I'm a little concerned about crowd reports, so maybe this will be more of a Tue/Thu night game stop for us, but either way it's good to have such a wide variety of (relatively) inexpensive options packed all together next door.

Just out of curiosity, what is the Food Hall like? Is that a fancy way of saying Food Court like you'd find in a mall? We've walked around the lower portion a few times but have not had the opportunity to go upstairs yet. Will probably not be back in the vicinity until Preds preseason either unless we decide to make a special trip one weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Chicken Guy on 2nd Ave yesterday (don't waste your time) and ended up going to 5th and Broad just to walk around. It's definitely a pretty cool space. I wish I had eaten here instead. So many great places to eat, I was impressed. It was very busy too, but not in a annoying touristy way, those people seem to stay out on Broad. I don't think many tourists even know it's there really. I plan on going back to visit the NAAMM, it looks amazing. 

• Like 4

First Horizon Bank has been named the official bank of the high-profile downtown development, according to a news release. 

As part of the deal, the Memphis-based bank will have digital signage throughout the property, as well as two on-site ATMs. First Horizon will also host several events at Fifth + Broadway as the official bank, the first of which will be held in conjunction with the Music City Grand Prix and will feature a cooling and hydration station.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/26/first-horizon-to-be-official-bank-of-fifth-broad.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

• Like 3