5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Wow. Moving faster than I imagined..

Tearing things down isn't hard. Digging holes takes time. I bet excavation is a long period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

There will already be a pretty big hole as the Convention Center went quite a bit below grade in exhibition space and underground loading docks.

If anything, I would imagine it's the clean up that will take the longest time.

Aren't they still cleaning up the Embassy and Drury sites?

54 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is H & M. They signed a lease for 15 % or 27,166 square feet for a base term of 10 years, with the option to extend the lease four times for a total of 20 more years.

What type of retail are they trying to pull in?  Will this be high end?  Directed at Millennials?  Tourists?  Nearby condo owners / renters?

I'm guessing most of the retail and food spots in this project would be chains because of the incredibly high rents. But at least they'll add more variety to the overall vibe downtown, so that's a plus.

If there's not a Starbucks already planned in this project somewhere, I'll be shocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

They're putting in an H&M. It caters to millenials for the most part.

Yes...but I'm just wondering if there is an overall approach that's been stated on what type of retail (besides H&M) they're attempting to pull in.  We already have two H&M stores...so I'm hoping the rest are actually retail tenants that are new to the market rather than duplicates of what is already here (Opry Mills and Green Hills Mall).

23 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yes...but I'm just wondering if there is an overall approach that's been stated on what type of retail (besides H&M) they're attempting to pull in.  We already have two H&M stores...so I'm hoping the rest are actually retail tenants that are new to the market rather than duplicates of what is already here (Opry Mills and Green Hills Mall).

I am sure the developers are trying not to be redundant, but ultimately the tenants that sign for the highest rent will be chosen, whether we already have them (like H&M), or we don't (like Saks 5th Ave or Zara). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm guessing most of the retail and food spots in this project would be chains because of the incredibly high rents. But at least they'll add more variety to the overall vibe downtown, so that's a plus.

If there's not a Starbucks already planned in this project somewhere, I'll be shocked.

This will probably be the case but at least we know that they're planning a new Tom Morales restaurant concept.  And it seems like I remember hearing that they're putting it right in the prominent spot right at the actual corner of 5th and Broad.

One of the stories today (I think it was the Nashville Post version) indicated that H&M will take up about 14% of the project's overall retail space. So even after accounting for the Tom Morales restaurant, that still leaves a good bit of space -- especially if they divide it up primarily among smaller retailers or food options.

Reading between the lines in today's coverage, it sounds like H&M will be their main retailer, presumably meaning that the other retailers will be smaller.