5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 10/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, urbanplanet17 said:

Not that I know of, other than it will no longer be the SE's flagship store as originally planned.

i don't think it was ever meant to be THE southeast flagship, as much as a flagship store that's in the southeast.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, e-dub said:

i don't think it was ever meant to be THE southeast flagship, as much as a flagship store that's in the southeast.

That's what I was under the impression of, too. My understanding was that this is to be one of only like 3 "H&M Flagship" locations in the South, along with Miami and Atlanta. I didn't think we were supposed to be "THE" flagship. 

7 hours ago, AronG said:

Does the new transit plan imply that there will be a station within the 5th & broad development? If the tunnel goes under 5th and there's a station near Broadway, where else could it go?

An interesting thought, but The Tennessean reports that the tunnel won't be operational until nearly ten years from now. I don't expect the 5&B team are planning that far ahead. 

More likely, my guess is that it will surface somewhere within the Bridgestone plaza across the street.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

My guess is the apartment building  will be 340 max and the office tower about 300 max. Again just a guess from the height of a 32 story building and the difference in height on the rendering. The Office building will appear taller than it is because of elevation change.

Isn't office usually closer to 15' per floor?  That would get us up closer to 350-400'.

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

It is absolutely unbelievable how overrated that place is... that being said, it's nice to hear they'll be a part of this development, because it will definitely attract hoards of people, and is just generally a good sign for our city that such a high profile, relatively "hip" establishment wants a piece of the pie we're serving up.  

It’s in the same category as In-n-Out to me, a super famous burger place that gets talked up like crazy by people (especially those who hail from the region where you can find the restaurant), but ends up just being a standard run-of-the-mill greasy 5 Guys twin. Not bad, just overrated. A good sign that they’re looking here, though, as you mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

It’s in the same category as In-n-Out to me, a super famous burger place that gets talked up like crazy by people (especially those who hail from the region where you can find the restaurant), but ends up just being a standard run-of-the-mill greasy 5 Guys twin. Not bad, just overrated. A good sign that they’re looking here, though, as you mentioned. 

Hey, I'm satisfied with just a Burger King. ^_^

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I would also add Whataburger to the over rated.  Very hard to get excited over any chain, but agree it does offer a high profile name that lots of people do like.  Give me local Pat Martin's Hugh Baby Burgers.

• Like 1