5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

7 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

^^^Isn’t that drive in supposed to go where the TA truckstop currently is? If so, it’s most certainly not happening this year.

I’m pretty sure it was supposed to go in the parking lot that’s tucked away between 5th (where it splits with Spring and Ellington) and I24.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Couldn't agree with you more.  Nashville could use more family/kid friendly venues.  I still think a full scale theme park would boost tourism significantly.  Even if it was in a bedroom county it would do well and still benefit Nashville.   If Williamsburg, VA can sustain a Busch Gardens amusement park and average 2.8M people annually, surely the Nashville area could do that as well....  Nashville is the heart of the mid-south so it is ripe for that kind of venue.   During the 80's Opryland drew 2.5M annually.

I agree. We have a season pass for Busch Gardens and go every year. The Halloscream and Christmas Town events at the park are quite popular as well. And about 1.5 hours further up the road off of I-95 we have Kings Dominion. Both parks do rather well but also serve Hampton Roads, Richmond, and D.C. metro. I think a theme park in the Nashville Metro would do well.  Remember when Thrillopolis was proposed for the East Bank? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AUNash said:

Rumor - Unnamed financial services company will move its headquarters to Nashville and move 1,000 employees to the office tower. Don’t know if this has been reported before ... or if there is any truth to it at all.

Alliance Bernstein, I’m assuming? They were snooping around for office space back in March, I believe. 

• Like 3

Just the thought of a financial services company moving their HQ (& a thousand people!) from New York to Nashville - excites the heck out of me. It wasn't that long ago such a move would've been anathema. If true, there's a confidence that their best people would move to Nashville, and that they could effectively recruit and retain the rest. I also like the continued diversification of our economy. Hope it's true.

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Just the thought of a financial services company moving their HQ (& a thousand people!) from LA to Nashville - excites the heck out of me. It wasn't that long ago such a move would've been anathema. If true, there's a confidence that their best people would move to Nashville, and that they could effectively recruit and retain the rest. I also like the continued diversification of our economy. Hope it's true.

Actually they're leaving New York City.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ingram said:

Actually they're leaving New York City.

It must be Alliance Bernstein then, I am really excited this seems to hopefully be happening. I will be super excited if Nashville lands this massive job oppurtunity, and if they do move here I wont really care about Amazon coming or not anymore lol

• Haha 1

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/13/exclusive-new-york-financial-powerhouse-scouts.html

Supposedly Alliance Bernstein is scoping out Nashville and Charlotte. Charlotte might have a better chance because they're a huge financial hub, but Nashville has better variety when it comes to culture, party, business, and education. 

Edited by MagicPotato
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

It must be Alliance Bernstein then, I am really excited this seems to hopefully be happening. I will be super excited if Nashville lands this massive job oppurtunity, and if they do move here I wont really care about Amazon coming or not anymore lol

I don't know if it's Alliance Bernstein or not. I assumed the person I replied to thought Alliance Bernstein was headquartered in Los Angeles.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

boxy yes. But density is awesome in the CBD , the street level activity is incredible, and it covers up most of Renaissance Hotel. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I love density and street level activity, but let's live a little. You can still have those things without it looking like a box. 

• Like 1