5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 5/14/2018 at 1:10 PM, NashvilleObserver said:

I don't believe I have seen this particular photo before. The apartment tower has a different balcony configuration and the office tower parking garage looks different as well.

Does anyone know if this is the most recent rendering?

screen_shot2018-05-10at3.52.34_p_m.png

I believe the large center balconies on the apartment aren't tied to any units but instead common space balconies open to all residents.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:04 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Houstons is down to 15 locations nationwide.  I thought hey were OK, but they are going the way of a lot of other chain restaurants. 

They are different in that all of these locations that they are closing are wildly successful.  Like the one in ATL that just closed.  Weird chain.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 1:10 PM, NashvilleObserver said:

I don't believe I have seen this particular photo before. The apartment tower has a different balcony configuration and the office tower parking garage looks different as well.

Does anyone know if this is the most recent rendering?

This Nashville Post article from today has answered my question: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005213/notes-new-image-released-for-fifth-broadway

It is the most recent rendering. I just happened to come across it a few days ago while google-image-searching 5th & Broad

I have to say I like this better than the scattered apartment balconies from the previous rendering (below):

image.png.9cc6a0976d671f6967eb97b23147005d.png

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, Jamie Hall said:

According to the NBJ today, Tom Morales and his company TomKats Hospitality Inc. will no longer operate the restaurant planned for that corner spot in the Fifth & Broadway development, so they might be shopping for a restaurant to take that prime spot -- thus keeping alive my dream of it eventually becoming the world's largest Chipotle.  :tw_yum:

I'm holding out for a Po' Folks.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

A flagship four story combination Po Folks/Shoney's/Cracker Barrel/Waffle House would be quite the draw I'm sure!  :lol:

Haha could you imagine??? They would have to install AED's every five feet. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

This Nashville Post article from today has answered my question: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005213/notes-new-image-released-for-fifth-broadway

It is the most recent rendering. I just happened to come across it a few days ago while google-image-searching 5th & Broad

I have to say I like this better than the scattered apartment balconies from the previous rendering (below):

image.png.9cc6a0976d671f6967eb97b23147005d.png

I dunno, to me the scattered balcony look would have at least been novel, whereas the updated one looks repetitive and generic, similar to several other places around town.

Also they totally bait-and-switched on the (I assume) parking garage for the office building, which looked snazzy in this old rendering but now shows up as another towering wall of generic facade. I know I'm in the minority but I wish all of our parking garages were just honest about what they are instead of hiding them behind uninteresting, superfluous strips. Why obscure the massive expense we're adding to every development just for machine storage. Maybe something like this:

image.png.cbd46e89ebc1d6b233e8daa65624a2a0.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DDIG said:

Think about how good this is for a sustained downtown economy to have 1000+ 200k-ish salaried jobs at the heart of downtown. Let alone for Fifth + Broadway retail and entertainment tenants sharing the campus, but for anyone  else these folks can walk to and burn a few bucks at on their lunch breaks.

Not to mention they could fill quite a few downtown condos and apartments.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, thirdday2002 said:

200k for 1,000 employees? That’s 200 sq ft per employee. That seems a little low for a company with such high salaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the employees will have much less than that I bet (via trading desks), and more senior employees will have much larger offices 

I drove by the site last night as they were  executing a concrete pour and the optics were great.  The juxtaposition of the site construction  with the  bustling broadway crowd was amazing. Hopefully someone will capture the progress using a video drone. 

Edited by CityHeart
  • Like 4