5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

1 hour ago, henburg said:

That makes sense to me, but at the same time I feel like that's a really strange location for an Apple Store. One of those giant glass cubes sitting next to the HonkyTonks is a pretty funny image. 

True, but it'd definitely be THE standout on Lower Broadway. If it is Apple, this is a very wise and money-making move because they will get local and tourist traffic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, henburg said:

That makes sense to me, but at the same time I feel like that's a really strange location for an Apple Store. One of those giant glass cubes sitting next to the HonkyTonks is a pretty funny image. 

All those drunks or scooter riders who wipe out and shatter their iphone screens need somewhere to get a quick fix.

• Haha 3

I seriously cannot think of any company other than Apple if it's a big tech company that builds eye-catching stores in prominent locations.  It sounds like an odd choice at first, but it will probably work out well for them with so many tourists along with workers from Amazon, AB, Bridgestone, and others nearby. 

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Does anyone have any guesses aside from Apple? It just seems like a weird place for one to me. 

My guess is Apple, and my fear is that we'll see a photo of the Apple glass box juxtaposed to the Ryman or the Broadway neon at the top of every New Nashville vs. Old Nashville article for the next decade.

That said, my hope is that it's not just your standard phone/tablet/laptop/genius bar combo, but that it'll be the first Apple Music flagship store that brings back all of the charm and perks of retail music discovery/purchase...just without the hard copies.  Though a flaghship Amazon music location could probably handle the hard copies too if that's what you're into...

But other than Apple, what big name tech brands even have retail shops?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ruraljuror said:

My guess is Apple, and my fear is that we'll see a photo of the Apple glass box juxtaposed to the Ryman or the Broadway neon at the top of every New Nashville vs. Old Nashville article for the next decade.

That said, my hope is that it's not just your standard phone/tablet/laptop/genius bar combo, but that it'll be the first Apple Music flagship store that brings back all of the charm and perks of retail music discovery/purchase...just without the hard copies.  Though a flaghship Amazon music location could probably handle the hard copies too if that's what you're into...

But other than Apple, what big name tech brands even have retail shops?

Microsoft has some retail stores but that would make even less sense.  Of course, Amazon plans to launch their own grocery store outside of the Whole Foods concept.  Has to be apple though...

Edited by japan

I know it's easy to just think of the bachelorettes and country music bumpkins walking downtown.  But there's more to it than that.

Think of the convention center attendees.   Sometimes I see hundreds of them downtown in business attire and lanyards.  

Think of visiting fans watching the Titans or Preds.  Every home game still brings dozens (if not hundreds) of visiting fans each and every game.  

CBD workers...  

It's kind of like a cruise: they have an art gallery and unique jewelry shops.  Why?  Because people on vacation tend to spend money.   So I think an Apple Store makes sense.  Just as much as an H&M given they're catering to a much smaller demographic.  (Young women)

• Like 1

We are getting a lot more of the high end workers downton with AB, Amazon, and probably others on the way. Sure could be a selling point for Apple when they advertise their new "Broadway" store and then say not that Broadway but this Broadway with a shot of the Honky Tonks.

Sort of like NYC meets Nashville. IDK, just trying to play the marketing card.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I know it's easy to just think of the bachelorettes and country music bumpkins walking downtown.  But there's more to it than that.

Think of the convention center attendees.   Sometimes I see hundreds of them downtown in business attire and lanyards.  

Think of visiting fans watching the Titans or Preds.  Every home game still brings dozens (if not hundreds) of visiting fans each and every game.  

CBD workers...  

It's kind of like a cruise: they have an art gallery and unique jewelry shops.  Why?  Because people on vacation tend to spend money.   So I think an Apple Store makes sense.  Just as much as an H&M given they're catering to a much smaller demographic.  (Young women)

This is really convienent for people who live downtown too. I’m thrilled at the prospect of not having to go to Green Hills to visit the Apple Store. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ruraljuror said:

I didn't even think of this, but WOW did you hit the nail on the head!

4 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

This is really convienent for people who live downtown too. I’m thrilled at the prospect of not having to go to Green Hills to visit the Apple Store. 

Exactly.  And not only do they offer new products, but they handle training, tech support and hardware support there as well.  So really, this makes a lot of sense.  

• Like 1