5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

I too suspect it will be Apple given their past retail outlets in larger cities.

However, I wouldn't discount the thought of a new concept from Amazon.  They are now dabbling in pickup locations for customers instead of home delivery 100% of the time (usually faster delivery), so maybe this could be a hybrid showcase and pickup location for them.  They are going to have their major corporate logistics hub just a few blocks away, so maybe they are considering Nashville as a place they can introduce new concepts in (we already appear to be included early in most of their nationwide rollouts of new strategies already). 

Other legit possibilities: An Alphabet/Google Showcase or a Microsoft Showcase 

Remote possibilities: A Dell or Samsung store or a social media company looking for some type of real world experience

Super underwhelming possibility that would lead to lots of forehead slaps and groans:  The flagship Craigslist pickup/meetup zone were you can safely buy a used rug from someone or meet your Jon for the night.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, for some reason (that isn't at all empirically defendable), I'm leaning towards that *rather than an Apple store. I'm not against an Apple store, I just find it such a weird thing for that location.

Edited by e-dub
A word.
  • Like 1

Just looking at Apple store locations for cities our size and larger. Nashville already has 2 in our Metro area/Austin, 2 in their Metro/ Charlotte, 2 in their Metro/ Atlanta, 4 in their Metro/Detroit, 2 in their Metro area. I can go on, but the numbers are not there, not to say it will not happen, but they could close one of the stores if they did it.

Just thinking out loud here.

• Like 2