5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

9 hours ago, tokiorose said:

If I said it was a flagship Google store would that make it more believable?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I'm just kidding around BTW (looking at FrankNash who downvoted my joke).

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 2

I can't wait for the next iphone to come out with all of apple's brand new tech inventions that my Nexus 5 had 5 years ago!

But back to this topic.   all signs unfortunately point to apple.   I hope I'm wrong.      if for nothing else, than the public outrage that will ensue once it gets out.   Trees? HA  we havent seen any sort of backlash yet!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I can't wait for the next iphone to come out with all of apple's brand new tech inventions that my Nexus 5 had 5 years ago!

But back to this topic.   all signs unfortunately point to apple.   I hope I'm wrong.      if for nothing else, than the public outrage that will ensue once it gets out.   Trees? HA  we havent seen any sort of backlash yet!

Why is there outrage if it is an Apple store? I work downtown and it is far from a complete urban core as it is a retail desert. Few things attract other retailers more than an Apple store. We are OK with Kid Rock's Jackass sign on Broadway but Apple is offensive? Ok.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

Can you elaborate? 

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

Public outrage?

22 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Why is there outrage if it is an Apple store? I work downtown and it is far from a complete urban core as it is a retail desert. Few things attract other retailers more than an Apple store. We are OK with Kid Rock's Jackass sign on Broadway but Apple is offensive? Ok.

I could easily see people getting mad about it just because it's one of those big city things that represents "New Nashville". Not to mention, the proximity to Broadway will ruffle a lot of feathers if it's anything like the Walgreens controversy a couple of years ago

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

HAHAHAHAHA.  I am going to die when it ends up being "Tim McGraw's Two-Steppin' Bar and Honkey Tonk"... just like everything else on Broadway.   

We all know deep down it is Senior Frogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Is it a given that this space won't be a Walgreens? It would be an ironic poke in the eye to the people who rejected it from building two blocks away on Broadway.

I'm not particularly a fan of Walgreens or Apple going on such a high-traffic corner. I'd just as well see McDonalds or Starbucks open there if it's destined to be a mainstream brand name.

11 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Is it a given that this space won't be a Walgreens? It would be an ironic poke in the eye to the people who rejected it from building two blocks away on Broadway.

I'm not particularly a fan of Walgreens or Apple going on such a high-traffic corner. I'd just as well see McDonalds or Starbucks open there if it's destined to be a mainstream brand name.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Apple being there? It has some of the highest sales per square foot in the retail industry. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Craiger said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with Apple being there? It has some of the highest sales per square foot in the retail industry. 

Plus...it's such an iconic brand right now.  I'm just hopeful it's not going to be one of their glass boxes.  I just don't think that will fit in with the development nor the entire LoBro feel.

People were outraged that a walgreens was proposed on Broadway. So yes I think people will be outraged that an apple store will ruin the honky tonk vibe. 

Also, many of those people probably have not been downtown in years and have no idea what it is like now.   Like was said. It's the  "new Nashville" public outrage that I'm talking about. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Welp.  Construction guy just told me it’s going to be a Build-a-Bear.  3rd largest in the country.  

You kid but bachelorettes would eat that up. You could customize with a bridal veil, a "WHOOOOOOOO!" voice box, and phallic-shaped accessories. It would make millions.

• Haha 4