5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

29 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I have to wonder if maybe the guy he talked to got that mixed up with the height of the residential tower.  In the background you can see the Renaissance Hotel which is 385 feet high and is still towering over the two new towers and is only 31 stories high.  The new office tower is only going to be 25 stories and about 320 feet tall when it's done so I can't imagine that this could be correct.  The residential tower is going to be 34 stories tall but is already at 28 stories so it sure doesn't look like it's going to going to top the Renaissance Hotel.  However, I'm not sure if that 28 floors is talking about the core or the floors that have been constructed.  It's finished height is listed at 430 feet but I mentioned that source before which is Wikipedia and is known for not always being accurate.   I couldn't find a completed height from any other website so I'm not sure how tall it's going to be once it's completed but if the core was going to get 6 more stories it might get close to the height of the Renaissance, I'm just not sure if that's the case.  Maybe somebody could clarify that, thanks!

Slab to slab height of office towers is always higher than resi, keep in mind, but you bring up good points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Is there an ETA to announce the tenant in that corner spot? Just wondering (if it is indeed a high-profile brand) if they might be planning some sort of grandiose announcement event during CMA week.

I think you’re probably right about the tenant wanting to do some kind of unveiling event. The landlord wouldn’t have demolished work and permits pulled for new build if it wasn’t a done deal. No other reason to not say anything right?

On 6/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, subkyle said:

No other reason to not say anything right?

It's also possible that they're afraid of some sort of pushback against whatever they've got planned.  Whether that be grassroots pushback from the community or just some astroturf operations by a competitor who may already be in (or planning to enter) our market.

That said, my guess is still Apple.  It probably takes a while to design a building with all the lines and angles complementing seams in the the sidewalks outside, etc.  

• Like 2

Whoever it is, I'd guess they are paying a pretty penny to make all of this happen.  They enticed the developers to deconstruct new construction...and accept a delay in putting on finishing touches to nearby structures.  If it's not a major $$ player who wants to make a huge splash, I'd be very surprised.

• Like 1