5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

8 hours ago, Craiger said:

The design of this store could be really interesting. The permit indicates a “useable roof” so I’m really interested to see what apple does with that. My guess based on recent designs is a very park like vibe on the roof with big potted trees. 

I’m really excited about Apple going in next to the national museum of African American music As well. You can bet Apple will put some money toward the museum they share a wall with. That’s great news for the museum. 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-touts-new-town-square-retail-store-concept/

Interested as to what they do in that sq. footage. A lot of the bigger flagship stores sit on what seems to be a larger lot size generally, whereas ours is pretty small overall.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, MontanaGuy said:

I was watching the local news last night and was surprised to learn that the Nashville Convention Center has a massive green roof with various plants growing there and they even have bee hives.  All of this serves a useful purpose in helping to control the inside temperature of the building and it's such a cool thing to do.  I would also love to see something similar on a smaller scale in the roof you've described.  I'm also hoping that this concept catches on in other parts of city centers to give people a break from the asphalt, concrete and glass that we're usually surrounded with.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out!

There's four acres of sedum on the roof and solar panels cover the inside of the 'guitar body' on the roof.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

It would be great to see Apple design a store unique to Nashville, maybe with a streaming music bar or some type of small live music/performance area reserved for artists exclusive to Apple Music. 

Or maybe they could make it guitar shaped!  (Just kidding)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

On the new Apple store at 5 + B...I wonder if there's a way to tie-in Apple Music with some type of "experience" in the store?  Apple is actually one of the better paying streaming services (spit on Spotify, Pandora and Amazon)...and their country streaming is growing leaps and bounds.  Maybe a combo Apple Store / Apple Music streaming bar (I think I just made that up)? :D

I know a lot of their larger stores will have artists do workshops and/or performances. 

So it could definitely be a possibility. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainJilliams said:

As a Houstonian, I can speak about the quality of the River Oaks District. Phenomenal venue with great restaurants and shops. If Miller was responsible for bringing that vision to reality, then I think y'all can only expect great things from this development. 

I usually hang around HAIF and other Houston forums, but with all the developments y'all have going up in Nashville I can't help but check in to see all the new happenings.  

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1