5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

32 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The orange/brown striped cladding is going up for the eastern (right) upper level of the National African American Music Museum.  The upper section to the left (south) should be going up this week.  So, it would appear that the Apple Store on the corner is only  going to be 2 stories (backing in to the gray walls).   The two entrance areas for the museum along Broadway and 5th Ave. are starting to become defined. 

Looking NW from intersection of Broadway and 5th Ave:

I bet the Apple Store will end up being one of their all glass versions if it's only going to be 2 stories.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I realize it's a status thing... and no doubt, it will activate that corner. But really... it's very very basic.  

I would guess the end result will look much better than this basic building materials rendering. Looks like the roof has a glass rail on it if you look close. I'm still expecting a lot of greenery on the roof, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I realize it's a status thing... and no doubt, it will activate that corner. But really... it's very very basic.  

From WW at NP: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/retail-real-estate/article/21075771/details-emerge-for-downtown-apple-store

Apple_main.5d1a2febec53f.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.14.55_AM.5d1a3047c2f63.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.49.07_AM.5d1a32dabdff8.jpg

It's interesting to see the Apple news sites pick this up and credit the Nashville Post with this one. https://9to5mac.com/2019/07/01/apple-store-nashville-fifth-broadway-plans/

• Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, Jarno said:

Someone asked about the brick a while back and it is definitely fake.

Capture 10.PNG

I’m biased, but I’m not sure I would exactly call it “fake”. I haven’t seen it in person, but I would guess that the brick is most definitely real. Was it laid by brick mason’s? Obviously not. But it’s most likely real brick, albeit slivers of brick, but real brick in precast panels. It is possible that it’s red concrete in a brick patterned mold, but I can’t tell from the picture  

Beats the hell out of stucco, or gfrc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

I’m biased, but I’m not sure I would exactly call it “fake”. I haven’t seen it in person, but I would guess that the brick is most definitely real. Was it laid by brick mason’s? Obviously not. But it’s most likely real brick, albeit slivers of brick, but real brick in precast panels. It is possible that it’s red concrete in a brick patterned mold, but I can’t tell from the picture  

That would be similar to the brick panels used on the HCA building in Capitol View.     The result is still very attractive and agree it’s worlds better than stucco.   

I like the curtain wall of the apartment tower. The way the mullions are spaced almost gives it a feeling as if the glass is floating in front of the building....especially the narrow potion facing Broadway.

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

I like the curtain wall of the apartment tower. The way the mullions are spaced almost gives it a feeling as if the glass is floating in front of the building....especially the narrow potion facing Broadway.

YES! YES! AND YES! I thought I was the only one who saw that.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, MLBrumby said:

From WW at NP: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/retail-real-estate/article/21075771/details-emerge-for-downtown-apple-store

Apple_main.5d1a2febec53f.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.14.55_AM.5d1a3047c2f63.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.49.07_AM.5d1a32dabdff8.jpg

Woods Bagot is a very well known firm in terms of using the newest technology in their designs. These diagrams are pretty on par for how they explain their designs and the design intent. Very high end and great designs typically.

13 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

Commonly referred to as Architectural Precast. Concrete poured into molds with dye to make it look like brick. It's very handsome, but is very apparent that it is panelized.

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Thanks 1