5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:25 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

My polite response is that it is understated. My more honest response is that it is underwhelming, unimpressive, and disappointing. (But maybe the reality will be better than this initial image.)

One thing to keep in mind that probably isn't coming off effectively in the drawing is that the glass walls have to be near 30 feet tall, right? I'd expect that to be a little more impressive in reality.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 1

It's a pitiful rendering for what will look striking in reality. The details of the materials they're using aren't clear in that image. The context with honkytonks will still be a little odd, but this being here is a pretty huge deal.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, MLBrumby said:

I realize it's a status thing... and no doubt, it will activate that corner. But really... it's very very basic.  

From WW at NP: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/retail-real-estate/article/21075771/details-emerge-for-downtown-apple-store

Apple_main.5d1a2febec53f.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.14.55_AM.5d1a3047c2f63.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_01_at_10.49.07_AM.5d1a32dabdff8.jpg

It's garbage. Just like what is sold inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

One thing to keep in mind that probably isn't coming off effectively in the drawing is that the glass walls have to be near 30 feet tall, right? I'd expect that to be a little more impressive in reality.

Really bad photoshop job, but trying to get a better sense of scale based on the surrounding buildings and light poles 

8 minutes ago, nativenashville said:

Really bad photoshop job, but trying to get a better sense of scale based on the surrounding buildings and light poles 

Noble effort but I think that scale is a little off! People I think are too big. I'm  basing this on eye-balling the current construction site.

• Like 1

MDHA Review Committee approved the concept for the Apple Store at 5th & Broadway. 

Basic images show the contemporary structure will stand about 32 feet tall at its zenith and will feature a limestone, granite, stainless steel, wood veneer and glass exterior. Australia-based Woods Bagot is the architect.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21075978/mdha-oks-plan-for-downtown-apple-store

And at 9to5Mac here:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/07/01/apple-store-nashville-fifth-broadway-plans/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, nativenashville said:

V2..

Apple_main.5d1a2febec53f4342.jpg

Getting closer and looking good! I still think he people are slightly big - but I'm open to push back. For example, to the left I think that is the doorway to the museum with the large black doorframe. Have to think that is the standard 6-8 footish door height and so then girl in the purple then would probably be close to 6'5. Get her down to something reasonable like 5'6 or so and we are there =)

I honestly thought that metro would have had more to say about the Apple design. They have given so many people hell over ideas on Broadway. I would have thought the design would have been too different than the rest of that street. I do personally think that tall glass will look pretty neat

8 hours ago, subkyle said:

I honestly thought that metro would have had more to say about the Apple design. They have given so many people hell over ideas on Broadway. I would have thought the design would have been too different than the rest of that street. I do personally think that tall glass will look pretty neat

They probably all shut up when they heard the projected sales tax revenue. 

On sales tax, will all apple sales tax revenue go to the convention center?? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, subkyle said:

I do personally think that tall glass will look pretty neat

Kudos to the future employee responsible for cleaning the countless face imprints, bare butt imprints, urine, and vomit off those glass windows every Saturday and Sunday morning.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Kudos to the future employee responsible for cleaning the countless face imprints, bare butt imprints, urine, and vomit off those glass windows every Saturday and Sunday morning.

Well Apple is probably willing and financially able to pay for 2 - 4 kung-fu trained security guards to keep the drunks off the glass 24 hours a day :tw_joy:

• Haha 1

“One Nation Under A Groove” doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue. Hope that is NOT their primary promotional catch phrase!

After watching the video (which I thought was quite good) I see that the above mentioned slogan is the name for one of the galleries. Not likely that will be their ad slogan.

Edited by donNdonelson2

22 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I’m licensed so no. During large events like the draft there was a no fly zone over most of downtown but normally there is nothing. 

Just have to constantly keep my head on a swivel for helicopters. I also stay over buildings and not areas where crowds are. 

can you provide more info on the licensing process for drones?