5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

8 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I spoke with someone at the Cool Springs Apple store last weekend and they (of course) have heard nothing about any Apple Store officially opening downtown.  But what she could tell me, with great certainty, is that the Cool Spring Apple store will shut down when their lease is up if they open a store downtown.  

I don't know why Apple would do that.  The Cool Springs store is always VERY busy and I just don't see a lot of people wanting to go downtown to buy a phone case or take some of those Apple classes.  Maybe that's just me.  

Yeah I'm skeptical someone at the Cool Springs store would have any idea of what the overall corporate strategy is. I also don't get why Apple would close Cool Springs if one opened downtown, completely different customers.

I would think it's not closing down for good, but for renovation just like the Green Hills store. It's still a single wide store so it needs to be upgraded to match the new aesthetic.

New Hotness

https://www.apple.com/retail/greenhills/

Old Busted

https://www.apple.com/retail/coolspringsgalleria/

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I spoke with someone at the Cool Springs Apple store last weekend and they (of course) have heard nothing about any Apple Store officially opening downtown.  But what she could tell me, with great certainty, is that the Cool Spring Apple store will shut down when their lease is up if they open a store downtown.  

I don't know why Apple would do that.  The Cool Springs store is always VERY busy and I just don't see a lot of people wanting to go downtown to buy a phone case or take some of those Apple classes.  Maybe that's just me.  

makes. NO. sense.

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

makes. NO. sense.

Yeah.  Totally agree.  That's what I told her too.  But she was adamant that she was told Apple would not keep both stores and that the Cool Springs lease was up in 2-3 years.  While I agree it doesn't make sense, I rank Apple up there with IKEA on "head scratching moments".

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Yeah.  Totally agree.  That's what I told her too.  But she was adamant that she was told Apple would not keep both stores and that the Cool Springs lease was up in 2-3 years.  While I agree it doesn't make sense, I rank Apple up there with IKEA on "head scratching moments".

It goes back to the research I did when the rumor of the Apple store first appeared. There is no city under 3 to 4 million in the Metro population with 3 Apple stores.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

It goes back to the research I did when the rumor of the Apple store first appeared. There is no city under 3 to 4 million in the Metro population with 3 Apple stores.

Another first for Nashville.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

On this list, they are counting Cool Springs as Franklin and I would think that Franklin is quite the market for them. 

I just don't see it closing. Downtown store will service downtown residents and employees and tourists. Nobody is going downtown for the store other than people who are  already there for a number of reasons, so I think you have minimal impact on the other two stores. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are a few exceptions. Honolulu and Pittsburgh have 3 and Las Vegas has 4.

• Like 1

Well Denver is 3 million, but Salt Lake is not even 1.3 . Where are those stroes located? I just show 2 in SLT ans  3 in LVN. Las Vegas is a different animal as fas retail goes and I didnt even look at Hawaii as I was just looking at the mainland.

You can put tons of strange retail on the strip and it will do well when you get people that are either drunk or stupid and spending their money without thinking.

On 8/3/2019 at 6:18 AM, smeagolsfree said:

You can put tons of strange retail on the strip and it will do well when you get people that are either drunk or stupid and spending their money without thinking.

Seems like this would also be a selling point for more retail on Lower Broadway. The downside, of course, would be the drunks vomiting and peeing in front of the store.