5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

10 minutes ago, ariesjow said:

Uniqlo would be a great alternative to H&M. They provide the full range of fast fashion like H&M, but their clothing tends to be better in quality and tailoring, IMO.  I don't think they have entered Nashville-sized markets stateside yet, though. 

Here's their Magnificent Mile store in Chicago. 

1280px-Uniqlo_Chicago.jpg

I was thinking the exact thing.  I've been in their NYC 5th Ave store and it isn't necessarily my style, but they are (in my opinion) of a better quality than H&M.   I like how they change up the look of their stores on the outside.  At least the 5th Ave store has different looks throughout the year.  They are starting to enter various size markets.  The have a store in Tyson Corner Mall in northern VA outside of DC and they opened another store in NYC in the Hudson Yards development.  The currently have a pop-up store in DC to test the market.  Outside of Florida, they still have nothing in the southeast.  It's just a matter of time before they open in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and I suspect Charlotte and Nashville.  The big question with Nashville is would they be willing to be the first to establish as a major retailer in downtown or would they opt for The Mall at Green Hills or Cool Springs?

• Like 2

Zara store are a bit smaller than H&M and Uniqlo stores but that label might be a good fit.   I actually didn't realize how limited they are in certain areas.  I'm certain that if they can sustain a store in Annapolis, MD they can sustain one in Nashville.  Surprised they aren't already in Nashville and Charlotte.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Apple Store site continuing to see some prep work. Wall treatments beginning, cement floor starting to be poured, base of pillars set.

5th & Broadway, Aug 4, 2019, 10.jpg

When I was by there a few days ago, the entirety of those second level panels had been removed (where the exposed concrete pillars are in the photo).     Made me wonder if the terrace level behind the pillars was somehow going to be part of the Apple space.     Not sure if this photo was before or after that.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

When I was by there a few days ago, the entirety of those second level panels had been removed (where the exposed concrete pillars are in the photo).     Made me wonder if the terrace level behind the pillars was somehow going to be part of the Apple space.     Not sure if this photo was before or after that.    

These pics were taken last Sunday morning.  I believe that terrace on the northern edge (upper right of 2nd photo) is going to be part of an outdoor cafe for the African American Music Museum.

• Like 1