5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

Seeing as how this museum showcases Black artists from around the nation and not Nashville specifically, I guess having it in the most-visited section of the city makes a kind of sense. If the curatorial/educational focus had been Nashvillians, or others somehow connected to the city (like Jimi Hendrix for example), I would argue that the Broadway location would be sort of an insult. While I do think that FromParkAvenue is often a delightful troll, I do think she has a point on this matter.

I'm still really disappointed that H&M pulled out of this project.  A flagship H&M coupled with an Apple Store gave it the feeling of a retail destination of sorts.  Now the Apple Store, although I'm happy to have it, kind of feels out of place to me.  You have Broadway with all it's bars and restaurants, and the rest of the 5th and Broadway development with all it's bars and restaurants, and then smack dab in the middle of them all you have.... an upscale computer shop?  What? 

• Like 4

I think there will still be a certain number of non food & beverage retailers in this project. Some will likely be noteworthy names that the developers will not release until they have to. Non food & beverage build outs take a lot less time than a restaurant so building permits won't get pulled until the first quarter of next year, most likely. The developers will make announcements slowly to keep the project in the press. We still are, what, some 9 months + before anything is really opening? I also think we will see some of the less competitive bars/restaurants close along Broadway and the side streets after this project opens, all bright shiny and new, opening the door for some traditional retailers. That coupled with a downturn in the economy, of some sort, will hurt our tourism, to a degree. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'm still really disappointed that H&M pulled out of this project.  A flagship H&M coupled with an Apple Store gave it the feeling of a retail destination of sorts.  Now the Apple Store, although I'm happy to have it, kind of feels out of place to me.  You have Broadway with all it's bars and restaurants, and the rest of the 5th and Broadway development with all it's bars and restaurants, and then smack dab in the middle of them all you have.... an upscale computer shop?  What? 

I welcome the much needed upscale retail downtown and I'm a Android user lol

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:07 PM, BnaBreaker said:

It's more of a lifestyle shop

1 minute ago, japan said:

It's more of a lifestyle shop

Agreed. Some of the classes they do are super helpful too people. And with the Apple Music office opening in Wedgewood, I have to think this store will definitely have some special guest performances and things like that. Even artist lead events, they do those also. 

Mentions Front Burner taking up a big portion of the retail across from the apartment tower.  Got this from Wikipedia...so take it for what it's worth:

Front Burner Brands is a Tampa, Florida based restaurant company. Their brands include GrillSmith, with six Tampa area locations, Melting Pot, a fondue themed restaurant with 143 locations as of 2011, and Burger 21 an upmarket burger chain. Bob Johnston is the company's Chief Executive Officer.[1] The GrillSmith group of restaurants was rebranded in 2011 as refined-casual and chef-inspired

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Craiger said:

He said “let’s call it 400 feet from the basement.” I’m not really sure what that means. 

It means they count the parking levels below grade to make the building seem taller.  That is probably how Bridgestone got to be listed at 460 feet when it is clearly the same as Pinnacle.  So, the real height is about 340.