5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Unfortunately Signature Tower had the same advertising. I am not saying that this project is similar to Signature Tower, but I personally am not putting anything behind it

Is there any chance the retail could happen but the office and residential come later? or does it all have to happen at once?

I agree. I don't go by renderings. I have seen a lot of pipe dreams come and go over the years and they had some very expensive renderings and even expensive models perched in windows that never got built. You should have seen the Nashville City Center Towers 1 and 2 in the window for the sales office on Capital Blvd. One of the models was at least 6 feet tall costing thousands. It sat in the window for years.

I still wish the side facing broadway would mimic the older buildings along lower broadway. and have more honky tonks in them.   I hate to say it but if we keep attracting more major events, we will need more of them, they are all packed full as it is with just tourists, event weekends you cant even move down there. 

as a side note, the office portion of the arena could also be used this way, with historic looking facades holding more honky tonks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

I still wish the side facing broadway would mimic the older buildings along lower broadway. and have more honky tonks in them.   I hate to say it but if we keep attracting more major events, we will need more of them, they are all packed full as it is with just tourists, event weekends you cant even move down there. 

as a side note, the office portion of the arena could also be used this way, with historic looking facades holding more honky tonks.

Nah, there are two major new multi story honkey tonks in the works plus the new multi story 24 hour restaurant attached to the sobro and I really wish downtown would have some more diversity.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm optimistic that something will break ground on the CC site within the next 2-3 years. Purely looking at it financially, Metro has to be losing money by having an empty building and paying for the upkeep.

Although, on second thought, I've said the same thing about the WES site and its owner.

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm optimistic that something will break ground on the CC site within the next 2-3 years. Purely looking at it financially, Metro has to be losing money by having an empty building and paying for the upkeep.

Although, on second thought, I've said the same thing about the WES site and its owner.

Well, those a two different things really. As long as Palmer is content with his crater and still pays the property taxes on it, and since there are no strong/strict ordinances and/or laws for such things, Metro can't really force his hand. Metro, however, probably wants this to go right and completely/fully financially solvent so they don't wind up with a potential WES right smack the hell in the middle of downtown. 

There was just a little update on News 2 about the National Museum of African American Music.  At the end of the story, they stated that the museum was currently under construction.  That's not true...right?  If so...that would mean they've moved to another location.

5 minutes ago, titanhog said:

There was just a little update on News 2 about the National Museum of African American Music.  At the end of the story, they stated that the museum was currently under construction.  That's not true...right?  If so...that would mean they've moved to another location.

Sounds like typical local TV media misinformation (or the more likely misunderstanding): http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/05/02/music-museum-in-convention-center-project-adds.html

"A music museum proposed to occupy a prime location within a $400 million mixed-use development downtown is receiving $2 million from the state's 2016-17 budget."

• Like 2