Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it’s a 5 story building, 2 4-story buildings and then transitioning to townhomes at the back of the lot. I guess it all depends on the overall architecture and street level interaction.  With what’s being built on the other 4 corners of Semme/Davis, it should fit in with the neighborhood. 

• Like 2

I've worked in the Semmes /Cowardin area almost 12 years now and it's amazing the transformation that has occurred in this area and what's coming in the next 1-3 years.

The only disappointing item of note is the lack of new retail that has not followed the residential build.  As I look around I'm not sure where it will be going as most of the available development tracts are residential.  But much to be proud of in this area of the city.

Edited by ZUMAN2
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointed in the height of this second phase.  If the demand is so high, why not build enough of them to meet demand?  Maybe they went with a lower height so as not to piss off the NIMBYs with something taller than that.  It’s really going to look squatty next to the taller first phase.  Oh well, at least there is still demand for this sort of development down there.  All in all, it’s good news!

Edited by eandslee

If I read correctly, this apartment building is pretty far away from the 14 floor one under construction.  It’s on the other other side of Southern States’ silos.   Are you referring to the squat  office development that is planned  beside the 14 floor building? 

I’m having a really hard time keeping up with these proposals and sites.  Multiple things are planned for the same site and each proposal is met with the fanfare that comes with a done deal.... then it all changes again 4 months later.  And the names are always similar. 

This seemed like a new site when I read about it this morning.  By afternoon I’m not sure lol. 

anyway... Manchester is really picking up steam.  It’s going to be one of Richmond’s premier neighborhoods in a few years. 

Edited by Brent114

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hike said:

Is that for this project, if so, will help that area quite a bit, should spin off other development too.

https://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/proposal-for--plus-south-side-town-homes-on-semmes/article_bce52be1-5899-58d1-af1a-8b0f075dca3b.html

5c58c6104cec3.image.jpg

5c58bff71c347.preview.jpg

That's  one of them.  The other 2 corners on the other side of Cowardin are being cleared for apartments.

The Penny is Walter Parks and 321 is a really attractive building (architecturally it’s probably the strongest apartment building built in Richmond in 40 years,  which says a lot  about the quality of building we are seeing), it’s just in the wrong location. 

• Like 1