Jump to content

Richmonopoly

Manchester Development

Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, georgeglass said:

Pic taken today. Significant amount of demo has already occurred!

 

IMG_20190309_114859.jpg

This is great news and an even more awesome photo!! Thanks for posting!  Should see a tower crane over this development in the near future!

I’m relieved to see this project finally moving forward!  Feel free to post more photos whenever you can!

That silo in the background is such an eyesore though. 

Edited by eandslee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eandslee said:

That silo in the background is such an eyesore though. 

lol I love the SS silos

Or maybe I've gotten so used to seeing them as part of the Manchester skyline that I've developed a sort of Stockholm syndrome to its presence

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, eandslee said:

That silo in the background is such an eyesore though. 

The Southern States silo could be incorporated into a pretty interesting mixed use high rise.   Its contours would make for some unique spaces while paying homage to  Manchester's industrial past.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was talk of condos in the silos about 15 years ago....

 

The site of the two new buildings (5-6 floors office/ apartments) on the east side of Hull Street has a shiny sign up with a large rendering of the buildings.  I think it is called the Current? They are pictured in a post a page or so back in this thread.  I think this sign is new (just noticed it Thursday).   Hopefully that’s starting really soon too.  I really, really like the looks of these two.  

Manchester will be unrecognizable in two years. 

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, Brent114 said:

There was talk of condos in the silos about 15 years ago....

 

The site of the two new buildings (5-6 floors office/ apartments) on the east side of Hull Street has a shiny sign up with a large rendering of the buildings.  I think it is called the Current? They are pictured in a post a page or so back in this thread.  I think this sign is new (just noticed it Thursday).   Hopefully that’s starting really soon too.  I really, really like the looks of these two.  

Manchester will be unrecognizable in two years. 

^This is so true.  I was in Manchester last summer and I couldn't believe the changes!  It was awesome then!  With these new projects coming online soon, the place is going to be SUPER awesome! 

Yeah, The Current should be breaking ground soon.  It also has an office component to it.  I imagine Manchester bustling in the not too distant future!

Condos...the place needs condos though...need to see some private investment, not just apartments (rentals).  When we see condos go up, then we will know that the downtown area (to include Manchester) has turned the corner!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 3:15 PM, Hike said:

180514_512_Hull_St_25__Pricing_Set_Full - Copy.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this project?  I saw it in this thread on 5 October, but I don't know much about it.  I tried to do an Internet search for it, but came up with nothing.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is this project definite?  If so, when will it break ground? 

I certainly like the height for this area of town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eandslee said:

Does anyone know anything about this project?  I saw it in this thread on 5 October, but I don't know much about it.  I tried to do an Internet search for it, but came up with nothing.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is this project definite?  If so, when will it break ground? 

I certainly like the height for this area of town.

I know it was Port RVA 2, and was announced about 2 years ago. I am not sure of the status. I haven't seen anything in a while.

 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2017/05/15/12-story-tower-proposed-for-manchester/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken today driving around. This is the latest construction of City View Landing facing Hull St near 7th. Again, I was driving so not the best shot.

 

IMG_20190310_170851.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 10:22 AM, rjp212 said:

106 Townhomes and a commercial plot coming to Manchester.   There’s now construction planned on all 4 corners of the Cowardin/Seemes intersection.  Definitely will be a new gateway to Southside!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/01/31/106-townhomes-planned-manchester/

 

Demolition has begun!

http://dogtowndish.com/2019/03/28/allegheny-warehouse-demolition-kicks-off/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know. I think it's a blessing in disguise that Wawa didn't come through.   At this point all four corners have major residential developments being built, or coming soon (almost 900 units!).   Would be a waste to plop a Wawa in the middle of what could be a great entrance to South Richmond.   I'd rather see some sort of Office development (the views would be awesome!) with some ground floor retail to compliment the commercial component of the above mentioned Semmes Development.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rjp212 said:

I don't know. I think it's a blessing in disguise that Wawa didn't come through.   At this point all four corners have major residential developments being built, or coming soon (almost 900 units!).   Would be a waste to plop a Wawa in the middle of what could be a great entrance to South Richmond.   I'd rather see some sort of Office development (the views would be awesome!) with some ground floor retail to compliment the commercial component of the above mentioned Semmes Development.  

A Wawa in one of those store fronts would be awesome!  I cannot recall if I have ever seen any of their urban formats outside of Philly, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also,  was in the area picking up pizza and noticed a sign for the new Eagle condo/townhome development. To be called “McRae & Lacy”.  

www.mcraeandlacy.com

Edited by rjp212
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a slightky urbsn Wawa in Williamsburg, near the WM campus.  No gas, just food.  Built out to the sidewalk. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, Brent114 said:

There’s a slightky urbsn Wawa in Williamsburg, near the WM campus.  No gas, just food.  Built out to the sidewalk. 

Wawa's originally started as a mini mart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the image of it from the article, agree, looks good.  

 

CURRENT.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s a 5 story building, 2 4-story buildings and then transitioning to townhomes at the back of the lot. I guess it all depends on the overall architecture and street level interaction.  With what’s being built on the other 4 corners of Semme/Davis, it should fit in with the neighborhood. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worked in the Semmes /Cowardin area almost 12 years now and it's amazing the transformation that has occurred in this area and what's coming in the next 1-3 years.

The only disappointing item of note is the lack of new retail that has not followed the residential build.  As I look around I'm not sure where it will be going as most of the available development tracts are residential.  But much to be proud of in this area of the city.

 

Edited by ZUMAN2
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.