Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

I checked...It's just barely out of view. So close!

Thanks for the update ZUMAN! Hopefully, they'll get a webcam up soon. If not, at least some periodic photo updates! :)

Hey fellas, long time no see! Moved back home to NY last year but have still been lurking because I'll always have a place in my heart for Richmond, just as Burt had.

I did some digging and found the Purcell Group's Facebook page where they've posted great updates and links for 800 Semmes. Here's their webcam for the project: http://purcell.workzonecam.com

Edited by TBurban

Hey fellas, long time no see! Moved back home to NY last year but have still been lurking because I'll always have a place in my heart for Richmond, just as Burt had.

I did some digging and found the Purcell Group's Facebook page where they've posted great updates and links for 800 Semmes. Here's their webcam for the project: http://purcell.workzonecam.com

Whoa! Welcome back at TBurban! Please post more often - this was an awesome find! I've been looking for a construction cam for this project for quite some time and look, you found one! Just awesome! Now I get to watch this one go up too!

The development that 540_804 is referring to is this one:

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2013/04/11/manchester-apartment-project-goes-small/

I really wish there was a webcam that overlooked the downtown and manchester areas so that we can all keep tabs on all the projects going up.  It's hard to keep up with them all...which is a good thing!  ;)

Just checked this one out a few days ago. It's up to 2 or 3 stories now (maybe even topped out) but it seems like this one is going incredibly slow compared to some of the other projects out there.

• Like 1

Just checked this one out a few days ago. It's up to 2 or 3 stories now (maybe even topped out) but it seems like this one is going incredibly slow compared to some of the other projects out there.

The Belle Summitt Apartment building construction is going very, very slow.  Sign out front says it will be open summer/fall.  At the rate they're going, it will be summer/fall 2015.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New name for this project from Purcell's website:

The Terraces at Manchester

Richmond, VA

This design-build project is a 209,650 square feet, 144 unit, residential apartment complex. Current design includes eight stories of metal stud framed apartments above two stories of a podium cast-in-place parking garage. Features include a pool, fitness area, covered parking, and sun & shade decks. Overlooking the James River and the Richmond city skyline, the building boasts scenic views from balconies and pool deck. The complex will consist of 60 one-bedroom and 80 two-bedroom apartments.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah we heard about these plans and it looks as if this could really be the beginning of a southside skyline. However if anyone wants to make renderings or drawings of what they think these towers should look like, that would be appreciated.

Perhaps I can tweak these to fit the site and add a few floors since they were designed for the South Reynolds property:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/25344-designed-for-richmond/?page=15

10633261_10204428737332180_8780851464781060203_o.jpg

10481953_10204428736572161_5710378907926888789_o.jpg

10338525_10204428737372181_1950531276126725013_o.jpg

10688380_10204428736652163_6682363959567446140_o.jpg

1796001_10204428736612162_2670407058170529460_o.jpg

1519254_10204428722131800_1948681955212131851_o.jpg

1462729_10204428691291029_238535739979726370_o.jpg

Edited by Icetera
Add photo

Wow you guys made renderings of a Manchester ballpark? That is awesome and I still truly believe that Manchester is the best place for a ballpark. That would be awesome if u could make something showing the scale of this project. It would also be cool if u could make one for the proposed dominion skyscraper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The industrial buildings are technically part of the Swansboro neighborhood, which is bound by Semmes, Cowardin, and Hull Street. VCU's planning program did a neighborhood revitalization study for that whole area back in 2009. Directly across Semmes Ave. is the Springhill neighborhood. The Storefront for Community Design completed a neighborhood plan for Springhill a few years back. I believe part of it provided a vision for the street frontage and general urban design of this property. Hopefully the developer will be receptive to its recommendations and deliver an urban-scale product. No strip malls in the center of town, please!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wahoo 07 said:

http://richmondbizsense.com/2016/02/17/12-townhomes-to-add-to-manchester-riverfront/

This looks like an interesting project.  I'm sure the views of the city and the James will be spectacular.  Glad to see Manchester rising.

Can someone with more expertise than I comment on what the target market is for these dozen town-homes?  I love the development, I am just scratching my head as to who will fill the space:  the obvious answer to me (layman), considering 2900+ sq ft, 4BR 4BA, $700k+ home is upper-middle class family....is the developer going for upper-middle class families with school-age children here?  Curious more than anything...

regardless, this will be a nice looking addition to the riverbank/flood-wall area over there.

• Like 1

“We sense there is a large market seeking the lifestyle we are selling ... one minute from downtown, with a connection to the river and the James River trail system,” Connell said. “People drawn to the cul-de-sacs in the suburbs; that is not our primary customer.”

Patrick Sullivan with One South Realty, the Realtor for the project, said he sees the primary customers as empty nesters who want to move to the city and professionals, such as medical doctors at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System."

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_573c5823-c0c4-5a2a-88bf-e099cf68eea6.html

39 minutes ago, evanf said:

“We sense there is a large market seeking the lifestyle we are selling ... one minute from downtown, with a connection to the river and the James River trail system,” Connell said. “People drawn to the cul-de-sacs in the suburbs; that is not our primary customer.”

Patrick Sullivan with One South Realty, the Realtor for the project, said he sees the primary customers as empty nesters who want to move to the city and professionals, such as medical doctors at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System."

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_573c5823-c0c4-5a2a-88bf-e099cf68eea6.html

Thank you for this link...my thought was 4BR/4BA seemed much for empty nesters but I admittedly don't know much in this area.  Thinking about it more, I've been in the middle of the Fan for 25 years and there is a very large population of empty nesters in homes of similar size I guess...gotta keep some space for when the kids graduate from college and move back in I guess  :)