Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

40 minutes ago, vaceltic said:

The RTD article link has the rendering images within it. Nothing on 3North Website. Harper & Associates or Loopnet might have older renderings.

https://richmond.com/business/custom-training-video-producer-relocating-headquarters-to-south-richmond-from-texas-adding-155-new-jobs/article_d0b58a9e-7993-5ed2-893f-6dfbffb6f0ea.html

Anyone else getting this error message?  I clicked the link and this popped up.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 804-644-4181.

18 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Anyone else getting this error message?  I clicked the link and this popped up.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 804-644-4181.

No.  Is your connection somehow being redirected through a European server (business, VPN, etc)?

• Thanks 1

Week of 2\21 - plan and permit applications of note

1. New rezoning application from B-5 to TOD-1. This is the 'grocery site' alluded to in prior site plans for City View Marketplace. Well, you don't need TOD-1 to build a grocery store - what's interesting is that site is zoned B-5 Central Urban already and other phases of City View were developed under this zoning classification - why would one seek from B-5 to TOD-1? That is the question...We know B-5 has 6 story cap i believe so it could be to build higher to the 12 story TOD-1 cap...OR it could be other reasons, maybe parking reqs etc. One day I'll sit down and read the zoning code to better interpret these moves.

423Hull_RZON.thumb.jpg.a9ae403c386974f63bb8edcdcfcc6c21.jpg

423Hull_Parcel.thumb.jpg.c938f946cb15892716cb68cb017e9123.jpg

423Hull_Aerial.thumb.jpg.064dd9d7880bc1dc4b2da6bd3144bd40.jpg

2. Movement out of city hall for our Lighthouse Diner redevelopment. LDIS and Stormwater related civil plans submitted. I reattached the rendering for visual appeal.

1228Hull_LDIS.thumb.jpg.afdcae126eaf8576ae9f8d4e29213f1e.jpg

1228Hull_parties.thumb.jpg.ac8d42020690f43092ea7e6a4eca7e15.jpg

1228Hull_STRM.thumb.jpg.d8d1dff5c0d54109ef8effd969b747ba.jpg

10.26R-hullst3.png.7c0e71c6a7ec8767df48f029bcf3381e.png

Edited by whw53
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, whw53 said:

1. New rezoning application from B-5 to TOD-1. This is the 'grocery site' alluded to in prior site plans for City View Marketplace. Well, you don't need TOD-1 to build a grocery store - what's interesting is that site is zoned B-5 Central Urban already and other phases of City View were developed under this zoning classification - why would one seek from B-5 to TOD-1? That is the question...We know B-5 has 6 story cap i believe so it could be to build higher to the 12 story TOD-1 cap...OR it could be other reasons, maybe parking reqs etc. One day I'll sit down and read the zoning code to better interpret these moves.

423Hull_RZON.thumb.jpg.a9ae403c386974f63bb8edcdcfcc6c21.jpg

Normally I would bet that it is to save money on parking but a grocery store or similar development here would want ample parking.  Given the increases on height in the area as of late, I am actually more inclined to believe they are looking for the height cap increase.  Perhaps a grocery-apartment combination with significant integrated parking?  With indications of interest to build one on Commerce now is the time for the developer to jump on it before their competition does.  At this point I would expect critical mass and now with less people commuting it is more important to have essential shopping near residences.

• Like 3

I’d rather have a grocery store on Commerce than Hull.  Hull street needs a  a road diet.  There’s too many misaligned streets and grocery stores tend to bring a lot of car traffic.   Cul-de-sacs, one way uneven streets and cars exiting parking garages is going to lead to a lot of accidents/pedestrian deaths. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, whw53 said:

another big Plan of Development was filed for industrial Manchester this afternoon. 173 units, narrow site - how many stories do you all reckon? Zoning is B-7, not as familiar with that district. Good week for Hull St!

15W7th_permit.jpg

15W7th_permit2.jpg

Similar unit counts on that plot-size would be around 8-10 floors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whw53 said:

another big Plan of Development was filed for industrial Manchester this afternoon. 173 units, narrow site - how many stories do you all reckon? Zoning is B-7, not as familiar with that district. Good week for Hull St!

15W7th_permit.jpg

15W7th_permit2.jpg

15W7th_parcel.jpg

15W7th_aerial.jpg

Wow... Hull Street appears to be hitting for the cycle this week! Here's hoping for something closer to 10 stories... (optimistic, I realize, but one must have hope!)

2 hours ago, Icetera said:

Wow, nice shots of Semmes.  SunTrust and Overnight actually really blend in now rather than appearing by themselves.

image.thumb.png.02fb0629618711f765c291a05f175d44.png

It's a really dramatic change in a very short amount of time - this stretch of Semmes has a truly urban feel that didn't exist just a few years ago. This looks more like somewhere in Alexandria or Arlington. Manchester is really growing up!

• Like 3

Interesting story from Richmond BizSense: Don't know if this got any ink back in the summer - didn't realize that The Hollands townhome project in Swansboro had been temporarily halted. Looks like it's back underway.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/03/01/site-work-unearths-19th-century-era-coffins-at-swansboro-development/

• Like 2

From today's Richmond BizSense: Dialysis on Cowardin Avenue (I think that may have been touched on here already) - also new residential development a bit farther west in Stratford Hills (I know, technically not Manchester, but it's not all that far away)

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/03/05/chipotle-36-townhomes-planned-for-shops-at-stratford-hills-expansion/

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 1:11 PM, rjp212 said:

Surveyors and a new builder sign (Harper?) are in place at the old gas station at Cowardin/Semmes.  I know the lot next door is slated for a medical building, any idea what the new plans are for the gas station lot?

We already know about the Dialysis center and Vytals campus, but here are more details from Harper’s website:

13 acre urban infill mixed use, commercial multi-family & residential development south-east of Richmond’s historic (and booming) Manchester District. CBD and west of Historic Manchester District near the intersection of Cowardin (State Route 1) and Semmes (State Route 60).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2021 at 7:14 AM, rjp212 said:

We already know about the Dialysis center and Vytals campus, but here are more details from Harper’s website:

13 acre urban infill mixed use, commercial multi-family & residential development south-east of Richmond’s historic (and booming) Manchester District. CBD and west of Historic Manchester District near the intersection of Cowardin (State Route 1) and Semmes (State Route 60).

Wish the Harper blurb was more specific - are they referring to the Vytal site and is that project now slated to have a residential component?  Maybe they leased the corner site there  as a staging area? The U shaped new build in the site plan you shared fronting Semmes looks awfully like a typical apartment block these days. Otherwise I'm not sure where we'd find 13 acres between Vytal and the Fresenius project if that was not the case- the corner parcel is the only piece of this intersection unaccounted for and according to city records is less than 2 acres - so I don't think that description is referring to a brand new project. Maybe the Vytal project has been under-reported and the HQ move is only a piece of what will be a larger mixed use project? Or is Harper also involved  with Belle Heights or maybe even in citing 13 acres speaking loosely to some aggregate of these different projects?

Edited by whw53
  • Like 1

The former Riverhaus lot closed in January to Woodard Properties LLC out of Janesville Wi.   Quick google search turns up that a Mr. Woodard is associated with Woodard Properties LLC in Janesville.  He seems to be the Director of Public Works there with no obvious affiliation to any development companies.

Seems like an odd match.  Perhaps it's just more landbanking.

Edited by rjp212
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rjp212 said:

The former Riverhaus lot closed in January to Woodard Properties LLC out of Janesville Wi.   Quick google search turns up that a Mr. Woodard is associated with Woodard Properties LLC in Janesville.  He seems to be the Director of Public Works there with no obvious affiliation to any development companies.

Seems like an odd match.  Perhaps it's just more landbanking.

The LLC listed under the parcel ('CMB Belle View LLC') is registered here in Richmond though and shares an address where CMB development is incorporated, Note the registered agent is a Carrol Blundon. That lines up still with this article from October.

I am unsure how Janesville ties into this, interesting.

https://opencorpdata.com/us-va/11106096

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/10/14/developers-drop-4m-on-manchester-site-once-slated-for-riverhaus-project/

Edited by whw53

Well, the city parcel map has the Janesville address listed as well - so I'm not sure exactly what to think here. Does CMB have a prescense in multiple markets ? Could be the address for a parent group.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk