Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

Nah.  It’s not much of a focal point these days.  It becomes less and less prominent with every new building.   Focus  (visual) has definitely shifted away from it. 

I like them.  Think they’re cool and am in no hurry for them to go.   But they don’t matter anymore and that plot of land isn’t worth the amount of attention it gets.  The view from there isn’t even that great. 

Methinks the views from a shiny-new 20-story residential tower on the Silos site would be MUCH better! :tw_smiley:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

And just to be clear, I’d like to see dozens of 20 story buildings in Manchester too. 

The stables are already demo’d.  

I have a skyline view for a few months!  The stables were blocking my view. 

1.) You and me, brother!! :tw_thumbsup:

2.) Stables: Okay!! Good to know. PLEASE GOD - THE SILOS NEED TO GO NEXT!! We HAVE to get things moving quickly on this! I don't want any monkey wrenches screwing this up. :tw_flushed:

3.) View: MAZAL TOV!!! MAZAL TOV!!! Enjoy the view ... just don't go all Legends on us when the new development starts blocking your view! :tw_wink::tw_joy:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Now we know why UP was down for maintenance - mods must've got word this was coming through and knew Richmond thread was bout to party hard. This is fantastic. The introduction of CLT framing especially- would be neat to find a list of the tallest CLT buildings in the states - this will have to be close to the top, no?

CLT just for the office portion I believe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, is it conservative to say that this tower will be, at least, 200 feet tall (10 feet per floor)?  

Wish there were some more renderings.  Would love to see how this will appear from the north banks of the James as well as the view from the I-95 bridge (traveling southbound).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

And the office building is mass timber!  I think that’s the first for Richmond. 

Looks like demo of the towers is later this year, with plans to go vertical in 2Q of 2023. 

If I am not mistaken the smaller building in the Costar Campus is going to be  a mass timber building also. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

So, is it conservative to say that this tower will be, at least, 200 feet tall (10 feet per floor)?  

Wish there were some more renderings.  Would love to see how this will appear from the north banks of the James as well as the view from the I-95 bridge (traveling southbound).  

I am estimating a likely 260' with 13' per floor.  273' prominence given how low it sits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1