Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

1 hour ago, Icetera said:

This is not the Reynolds plot but actually up the hill on 7th St. between Legend and the new town-homes (7 West?).  I do not believe we have seen anything marketing this location until now, which should be interesting being located in between the latest purchase across 7th St. and the Reynolds development with the added building (though downsized).

What?!  This isn’t the Reynolds South project??  Where exactly is this?  Looks to be at the Reynolds South property.  If not, this would be a totally new revelation!

27 minutes ago, eandslee said:

What?!  This isn’t the Reynolds South project??  Where exactly is this?  Looks to be at the Reynolds South property.  If not, this would be a totally new revelation!

It’s the block behind where the proposed office portion would stand

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!  I didn’t even know there was any space left for something like this to be built there. What a pleasant surprise!  Is there a construction timetable or is this just vision at this point?  Maybe I’ll check your link above. ;)

Edited by eandslee

• 2 weeks later...

I read this over the weekend and was very excited about it! I live in Forest Hills and drive by this area all the time and it does need a lot of work. Hopefully, this can be transformative and further the Manchester revitalization. 

http://dogtowndish.com/2018/03/25/richmonds-iconic-climax-beverage-co-to-re-launch/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, blopp1234 said:

Potential mixed use development along the old Manchester canal by WVS and Fountianhead. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/04/16/acreage-next-southern-states-silos-contract/

I’m interested to see what this project will look like.  I don’t have too much confidence that these developers will design something nice (I’m looking at you 321 Locks), but what is kind of weird is that in relation to downtown, this will sit directly behind the ugly Southern States silos blocking the view.  The one thing that is encouraging is that the developers have applied for a rezoning that allows them to build taller than six stories.

This all begs the question...whatever happened to the canal residential towers planned for that area (planned at 16 stories a piece)?  Why haven’t developers moved forward with that project?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eandslee said:

I’m sorry, where is this you’re talking about?  Is this next to the 10-story apartments they just built?

Area between the apartments and Hull Street.   They pretty much leveled all the dirt today.  

image.jpg

Edited by rjp212

I believe this is the same developer that is building the 12-story cube at the Locks...why in Earth wouldn’t they want to take the 50,000 square feet of office space they want to put into this development and put it in the 12-story cube making it mixed use and raising the height?  It’s location is much more prestigious and much more prominent.

If memory serves 50K square feet is exactly what Suntrust was going to lease at the Locks (edit: actually I’m wrong here - WVS versus Fountainhead)!  Now they’ve shortened the tower and redistributed the office space and moved it over to Manchester.  Grrrr.  Frustrating.  On the plus side, the city still gets the same amount of office space it was going to get from the beginning. 

Edited by eandslee

The lot that I mentioned was leveled the other week, continues to see activity. They recently put down a moisture barrier and are trucking in gravel.   At one point they were trying to get a grocery store here.  Fingers crossed there’s an announcement soon!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

The lot that I mentioned was leveled the other week, continues to see activity. They recently put down a moisture barrier and are trucking in gravel.   At one point they were trying to get a grocery store here.  Fingers crossed there’s an announcement soon!

I think that if activity is going strong on that site, something must be afoot.   For a lot that size I’m surprised that announcement has not be made yet.  Richmondbizsense needs to do some serious investigating! :)

Edited by eandslee

16 minutes ago, Shakman said:

What was the name of this development where a grocery store was once considered?  What are the streets bordering the land?  

South Reynolds (South Reynolds Retail on the development map).  Given the large-format retail nature of that portion of the project, I would be very surprised to not see a grocery store there.

27 minutes ago, Icetera said:

South Reynolds (South Reynolds Retail on the development map).  Given the large-format retail nature of that portion of the project, I would be very surprised to not see a grocery store there.

Even better, I’d like to see a full size grocery store on the ground level on top of a high rise residential tower!  That’s what this place needs! ;)

• Like 3