Windsurfer

SouthEnd "Gold District"

42 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_7535.JPG

Yeah, this building turned out to be a turd.  No street level retail in a spot that gets a good deal of foot traffic and is surrounded by residential.  Some retail would have acted as a great bridge from the corner with Yume/Max and Lola's, and the rest of Summit with Ilios/Golden Cow/Wooden Robot/Etc. 

It also has more parking garage than it does building, and that material choice is horrible.   It would have looked so much better if they had replaced all the cheap grey stucco with more red brick.  You also can't tell from this angle, but its got two exposed elevator shafts that poke out like 15 feet on each side of the roof.  It looks like it has concrete antennae sticking out of its ugly head.

I kind of liked the big grassy pit where Panthers tailgaters threw all their trash better. . . 

• Like 1

^^ Yes today I drove by and really did not like it but liked it on paper better.  I wonder after the death of Mr Stiles something changed with it.  The view is killer though of the skyline as it is on the hill there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTiger said:

20190118_154705.thumb.jpg.9ac55b60304fe6144d5b6e587f15813c.jpg

Snapped this on Friday.  It looks like there is going to be a rooftop component to the new bar next to Craft.   If I recall, this is going to be a whiskey room owned by the same people that own Craft.

Correct to both things