SouthEnd "Gold District"

Windsurfer

This development on Church and Bland is going to be a complete game changer for this neighborhood.  It's a retail bonanza and I can't wait to hear what kind of places will fill these spots.  They did an awesome job with the renovations too, keeping a lot of the industrial architectural elements and letting the building break itself into several retail spaces organically.  
Unfortunately I have a gripe with the parking lots that they are surrounding the building with.  It feels like they would have been great spots for patios and courtyards.  I'm not usually one to get upset when places like this incorporate some parking, but these parking lots are tiny.  I dont really see the benefit of a parking lot that can only park 6 or so cars over space that more people can enjoy.  It feels like a lost opportunity to create an urban neighborhood gem, and make it feel more suburban.
20190316_074913.thumb.jpg.54ed28ada80355fd241fea7e2bf7c58b.jpg
20190316_075053.thumb.jpg.704bd7eebc473f7f9e9c8aeecd79cfce.jpg
20190316_074935.thumb.jpg.21764717cf990c75ec2207c32f24df70.jpg

Zoning requirement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Zoning requirement

I'm guessing when the Udo is finally finished some property owners may take the opportunity to rezone again for infill, or even just less parking? Anxious to see what that process will look like in X years.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I'm guessing when the Udo is finally finished some property owners may take the opportunity to rezone again for infill, or even just less parking? Anxious to see what that process will look like in X years.

Unless they have conditional plans that call out their parking, the standards will automatically change for all straight-up districts. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Drove through the Gold District yesterday.  

Last building will be a new awesome pizza place by the people responsible for Lincoln’s haberdashery and Futo Buta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, CTiger said:

Charlotte Agenda has a story on this old brick building on Mint St that is getting a facelift.  This will be next to Max and Lola's and across from Yume and Bardo.  Quickly becoming a hot little intersection in Charlotte.  My apologies if this was posted already in another thread, but I didn't see it.

CA1.jpg

CA2.jpg

CA3.jpg

Curious to see how much longer Max & Lola's is there: no one is ever there, and they went all-in on CBD, very odd move. 

• Like 1

They also fenced in their entire back yard area and made it off-leash friendly which was a genius move.  Unlike other bars that are off-leash for dogs, Max and Lolas has areas that are outdoor where dogs aren't allowed as well.  Agreed with above, its usually pretty crowded when I go, especially now that the weather is nice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Stiles building in the Gold District and windshield photo the Kask Helmet building renovation which is fantastic by the way.  

how's that west bland retail project look?

Edited by Guest