Jump to content

Windsurfer

SouthEnd "Gold District"

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, CLT> said:

The Hawk is nice and all, but it's definitely not in the Gold District  :tw_glasses:

are you sure?  could have flown over there for a better view of uptown. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Is this the lot?  They going to demo all these buildings?
380345EA-7936-4520-B524-259A34F0E5D7.thumb.jpeg.c39dfb2bcd4740169b35cf4b8f5bf8ad.jpeg

259 apartments, zero retail.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not positive, but didn't think the 3 buildings in the lower right part of that block were included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not positive, but didn't think the 3 buildings in the lower right part of that block were included.

They are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:


259 apartments, zero retail.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if that’s such a loss for this area though?  There’s retail at the bottom of Apartments built on South Blvd (at Remount) that’s still vacant a couple years after the Building opened.  Gotta be tough to be the first to have ground floor retail because it could be many years before suitable tenants take the plunge along this corridor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’m not sure if that’s such a loss for this area though?  There’s retail at the bottom of Apartments built on South Blvd (at Remount) that’s still vacant a couple years after the Building opened.  Gotta be tough to be the first to have ground floor retail because it could be many years before suitable tenants take the plunge along this corridor.

For sure, but they should at least build it so it can be converted when the time arises. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

For sure, but they should at least build it so it can be converted when the time arises. 

How many years do you think it will be before retail opens in the vacant retail spaces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

How many years do you think it will be before retail opens in the vacant retail spaces?

Depends on how much this area builds out really. So far there are two fairly large residential projects planned, and townhouses. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, kermit said:

^ everybody forgets how much land Charlotte pipe is sitting on

Literally over twice the size of all of the legacy union land.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.