SouthEnd "Gold District"

Windsurfer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 4:57 PM, KJHburg said:

IMG_7527.JPG

As mentioned before, that is one of the most expensive school bus parking lots in America right now.  The Diocese could make a ton of $$$ if they sold the parcel but someone commented earlier that it would be a bureaucratic process requiring bishopric approval to sell that parcel?

I'm sure Spectrum and other developers have inquired...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

The world's slowest race:
Does the Diocese sell their property first or
Does First Pres sell their lot at 309 West Trade first

Hoping First Presbyterian but betting (heavily) on the Catholics. Everyone wants to develop in SE area, that lot on West Trade is much less appealing in the current climate. FP is likely anxious to sell that lot though...

Edited by JBS

1 hour ago, JBS said:

Hoping First Presbyterian but betting (heavily) on the Catholics. Everyone wants to develop in SE area, that lot on West Trade is much less appealing in the current climate. FB is likely anxious to sell that lot though...

If they'd at least be as smart as The Methodists uptown, and either sell with rights to parking during church hours, or do long term leases.  Reminds me of that parable of the servant who buried his money,. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Rocky Mount in the house!  Hopfly opening this Saturday just around the block or so from our UP meetup.

https://charlotte.axios.com/288910/new-south-end-brewery-hopfly-opens-this-weekend/

Rocky Mount Mills a MUST see when heading east or towards the OBX.  

I'm hoping with its eastern NC roots, Hopfly can be a gathering spot for wayward ECU Pirates when our football team comes to town to play the 49ers in their house or others at Bank of America stadium. They should at least fly a skull and crossbones!

On my next visit I am definitely going to go there to support them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^  as an ECU undergrad you are right Hopfly should be the ECU HQ for all things sports in Charlotte.  

Why don't you take a few boxes of delicious sugar circles over there and form the alliance with the owners? You can be the official ECU ambassador of good-will. Tell them about all the beer we can drink in a given weekend............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

I'm hoping with its eastern NC roots, Hopfly can be a gathering spot for wayward ECU Pirates when our football team comes to town to play the 49ers in their house or others at Bank of America stadium. They should at least fly a skull and crossbones!

On my next visit I am definitely going to go there to support them.

As an ECU alum, I fully support this idea!

• Like 4