Courier Square

krazeeboi

Due to the sheer size and scope of this project, I believe it deserves its own thread. 

The project, part of a long-term redevelopment of 12 acres, includes apartments, office and retail space on 2.8 acres at the corner of Meeting and Columbus streets. Development will happen in 6 phases with buildings inside the area boxed in by St. Phillips, Spring, Meeting and Line Streets.

Earlier this week, BAR decided a few changes will need to be made before the project can go any further. Evening Post Industries, which is spearheading the project, is still hoping to start construction on phase one in the fall of 2014.

Here are a few proposed renderings:

24127994_BG1.JPG

24127994_BG2.JPG

24127994_BG3.JPG

24127994_BG4.JPG
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

First phase of COurier Square set to open in 1st Quarter

The approximately $100 million project will feature 226 one- and two-bedroom multifamily units on eight floors surrounding a 650-space parking deck. It will also feature 70,000 square feet of office space and ground-floor retail space in 19,000 square feet along Meeting and Columbus streets.

The apartment part of the structure is called The Guild. Rental rates start at just under $2,000 a month and go to more than $8,000 for a top-floor penthouse, according to The Guild's website.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Phase 2 of the Evening Post Industries' Courier Square development may be on the horizon as they seek approval at the Feb 21  BAR meeting to demolish 631, 633, 635 and 637 King Street.  

Feb 21 2018 BAR Agenda (text version):

http://www.charleston-sc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_02212018-3549

Edited by ZUMAN2

• 1 month later...

Courier Square is ready to start leasing residential units (a/k/a The Guild) with Greystar moving its HQ staff into the building this summer.  Will be interesting to see who leases the retail and restaurant space.

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/new-mid-rise-charleston-apartment-building-opens-in-first-courier/article_989cd486-2bb4-11e8-a9af-0b90aa7318cf.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

another story about Greystar and I guess they are in meetings all day every day with so many meetings rooms. LOL

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/greystar-completes-south-carolina-headquarters/?utm_source=whatcountsemail&utm_medium=cpe daily&utm_campaign=cpe daily newsletter

They are the largest apartment owner and management firm in the USA

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, ZUMAN2 said:

Courier Square Phase II  again goes before the BAR this coming week for conceptual approval.  Phase II is an upscale senior living facility proposed for 609 Ki ng St.  I believe this is the 3rd attempt for approval.

Phase II did receive conceptual approval at last week's BAR meeting.   I don't think I've ever witnessed such excitement from BAR members over a proposed design.

17 hours ago, ZUMAN2 said:

Phase II did receive conceptual approval at last week's BAR meeting.   I don't think I've ever witnessed such excitement from BAR members over a proposed design.

I should add that the review and approval was for Bldg #1 only.  I believe there's a total of 3 buildings that make up Phase II.   Phase II Bldg 1 is a mixed-use building at 635 King St. 

Also wanted to add that the BAR approved demolishing the old Post & Courier main office and printing press at last month's meeting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, ZUMAN2 said:

I should add that the review and approval was for Bldg #1 only.  I believe there's a total of 3 buildings that make up Phase II.   Phase II Bldg 1 is a mixed-use building at 635 King St. 

Also wanted to add that the BAR approved demolishing the old Post & Courier main office and printing press at last month's meeting.

I am looking forward to seeing Phase II. I am hopeful part of it will be condos, not apartments.

• 6 months later...

Here's a news release about the senior living facility being planned for Upper King St and part of the Courier Square redevelopment project.  It's still moving through the BAR approval process but I believe it's getting close to final approval.  The architectural reminds me of The Charleston Place but it actually borrows its design to Charleston Orphan House.

It will be called The Peninsula of Charleston and will have 140 residences and residents will be to purchase.  

Liberty Senior Living Announces The Peninsula of Charleston - CRBJ Biz Wire