Your Favorite Upstate Outing

goodbye

From this list, what do you like to do most often in the Upstate?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. From this list, what do you like to do most often in the Upstate?

• Concerts/Performances
    • Theatres
    • Museums
    • Art Galleries
    • Restaurants/Bars
    • Night Clubs
    • Shops/Stores/Malls
    • Sports Events
    • Camping
    • Hiking/Walking
    • Biking
    • Fishing
    • Driving/sight-seeing
    • Golf
    • Antiques
    • Other

If you don't see your favorite thing on the list, just click, "Other" and tell us what it is. Even if you click something on the list, let everyone know more specifically what it is and where it is. This will help others see what is out there that they may be missing out on, while giving us all a chance to brag about something we think is extra special here in the Upstate of South Carolina. :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go ahead and tell you that (although I very rarely have the chance to do it these days) my favorite thing to do here in the Upstate is fly fishing for trout. We are extremely fortunate to live in one of the best regions for trout fishing in the entire US. I used to occasionally take off to a couple of my favorite streams in the northern parts of Pickens and Greenville counties after work. It is a relaxing and envigorating experience to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city once in a while. Our mountains offer just the kind of serenity a person needs to clear the mind of life's worries. ^_^

I'm with Spartan there. I love to get out and walk/hike.

This area is so pedestrian-friendly in places. I just love to get out and go, whether it be walking through Cleveland Park/Falls Park and throughout downtown or just around the campus at Furman.

The trails at Paris Mountain, Cesar's Head, and Table Rock are always nice, too, but my wife is less willing to join me for those (she's a bit of an urbanite).

I'm with Spartan there.  I love to get out and walk/hike.

This area is so pedestrian-friendly in places.  I just love to get out and go, whether it be walking through Cleveland Park/Falls Park and throughout downtown or just around the campus at Furman.

The trails at Paris Mountain, Cesar's Head, and Table Rock are always nice, too, but my wife is less willing to join me for those (she's a bit of an urbanite).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paris Mountain trails are excellent! :thumbsup:

I would have to say that in the past it has been on hiking in the beautiful territory in the western part of the state. Since I have a boat now, I've been told by many people that Lake Jocassee is one of the most beautiful lakes in the the Carolinas for boating so I plan a trip there soon.

Archived