Top three projects for 2014.

Paramount747

At the forum meet everyone mentioned their top three projects that may break ground in 2014. This is my personal speculation:

Very Confident:

1) The Sobro

2) OneC1ty

3) The Northwest Mutual Site in the North Gulch at 11th and Charlotte.

Hopeful:

1) Westin 

2) Swerdling Grand Hyatt

3) Marriott by Tony G.

Fantasy/Vision:

1) 505 in any form

2) Sheet Music

3) Eakin Office Tower

Life Support:

1) WES.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything I would pick Swerdling, but right now the only thing we have going up in regards to hotels are the Marriott West End and the Hilton Garden Inn which because of construction delays and issues with the lot in regards to a lot of loose soil, this building may not open until 2016. This could be a 2 1/2 year - 3 year project. They had a 5 month delay between demolition and excavation.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of my favorites and one kind under the radar (and one I hope to see break ground next year is the 19 story (or is it 17?) apartment building on the Music Row roundabout on Demonbreun and Division by Charlotte, N.C.-based developer Childress Klein Properties.  Ah, I see it is 16 stories not 19 or 17.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/09/16-story-roundabout-apartment-building.html

16-story-apartments-music-row-roundabout

To me 1515 is going to be a great additional.  Especially, at 409 units.  Not to mention Faison's 7 story 209 unit next door (1505)!

A second favorite I'd like to see built is the 22 version of Southern Land's building in GH.  ALthough, the 16 or 14 story version will still be impressive.  Hopefully, this could kickstart some effort to look at the clusterf&*% traffic problem with some better transit options.

I think one of my favorites and one kind under the radar (and one I hope to see break ground next year is the 19 story (or is it 17?) apartment building on the Music Row roundabout on Demonbreun and Division by Charlotte, N.C.-based developer Childress Klein Properties.  Ah, I see it is 16 stories not 19 or 17.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/09/16-story-roundabout-apartment-building.html

16-story-apartments-music-row-roundabout

To me 1515 is going to be a great additional.  Especially, at 409 units.  Not to mention Faison's 7 story 209 unit next door (1505)!

A second favorite I'd like to see built is the 22 version of Southern Land's building in GH.  ALthough, the 16 or 14 story version will still be impressive.  Hopefully, this could kickstart some effort to look at the clusterf&*% traffic problem with some better transit options.

I hope this starts this year. All depends on the banks at this point, and interest rate set by the FED.

Archived