Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zalo

Winston-Salem Meetings & Sporting Events

2 posts in this topic

The NCAA announced today that Wake Forest has been selected as the host site for the 2018 NCAA Division I Tennis Championships, marking the first time that the event will be held in Winston-Salem.

The 2018 tournament will be held at the Wake Forest Tennis Complex, already the site of top-tier tennis as the home of the ATP's annual Winston-Salem Open. The 2018 NCAA Tennis Championships will be only the fifth time that an NCAA title has been handed out at Wake Forest. Wake Forest hosted the 1995, 2004, 2006 and 2009 NCAA Division I Field Hockey championships, winning the 2004 national championship on its home turf.

JDL Fast Track indoor facility, off Stratford Road, hosted the 2013 NCAA Division II track & field championships and will repeat as host for a second consecutive year in 2014. JDL Fast Track was also chosen to conduct the Division III men’s and women’s indoor track and field championships in 2015.

The JDL Fast Track already has secured the USA Masters in 2015, the National Junior College Athletic Association national event in 2016, and the N.C. High School Athletic Association championships through 2016.

It also will host in February the 2014 championships for the Atlantic Sun, Carolinas, CIAA and Southern conferences.

The JDL track has a 200-meter oval track with a Mondotrack FTX surface – the same surface used at the London Olympics in 2012. It also has two pole vault runways, two long-jump runways, a high-jump apron, a shot-put area and a 100-meter warm-up track.

In other past NCAA championship events, Winston has also hosted the first and second rounds of the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship at the LJVM Coliseum four times (1993, 1997, 2000 and 2007).

Edited by zalo