Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

Here are the lots two weeks ago for Phase II and Phase III all cleaned up and ready for work.

Looking SE from corner of 11th Ave. North and Pearl Street:

Capitol View Phase II lot 1, Sept.JPG

Looking north from 11th Ave. North and Pearl Street:

Capitol_View_Phase_II_lot_2,_Sept.JPG

Looking south from Jo Johnston Avenue:

Capitol_View_Phase_II_lot_3,_Sept.JPG

All the cables being installed underground, here at intersection of 11th Avenue North and Jo Johnston Avenue:

11th_Avenue_5_cables,_Sept.JPG

• Like 2

NBJ's take on the Capitol View expansion.  Includes a larger view of an aerial rendition showing the park inside the triangular CSX tracks intersection, as well as some additonal office on the north end of the property along Jo Johnston Avenue on the eastern side of one set of tracks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/09/20/boyles-gulch-project-as-youve-never-seen-it-before.html

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 1.09.14 PM.png

• Like 3

17 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Has anyone heard any rumors or speculation concerning when/if a project would replace the Grainger location across Charlotte from this development? Surely that land has increased in value to a point where Grainger Supply is bound to relocate sooner rather than later.

Last I heard is they are not going anywhere.

That may be for now but I highly doubt many landholders like Grainger will last past the next 'cycle' without selling their property.  I know Bridgestone says it wants to build a super nice multi-story auto service center there where the Firestone is on Broadway now, but I'm skeptical.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think in five years all this downtown property will be way too valuable for smallish developments.  Now we just have to wait for some huge national developer would come along and make Beaman a godfather offer.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmkTN said:

That may be for now but I highly doubt many landholders like Grainger will last past the next 'cycle' without selling their property.  I know Bridgestone says it wants to build a super nice multi-story auto service center there where the Firestone is on Broadway now, but I'm skeptical.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think in five years all this downtown property will be way too valuable for smallish developments.  Now we just have to wait for some huge national developer would come along and make Beaman a godfather offer.....

Yeah...once you get major development built at 5th & Broad...old Lifeway...Tennesseean...and Mazda land...I can't imagine anything along Broadway going unsold and built into something substantial...including that gas station.  Even the McDonalds may eventually cave.  I have to imagine Beaman will eventually cave one day, as well.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2016 at 2:21 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

Has anyone heard any rumors or speculation concerning when/if a project would replace the Grainger location across Charlotte from this development? Surely that land has increased in value to a point where Grainger Supply is bound to relocate sooner rather than later.

Grainger is not moving, at least not anytime soon. Of course, anything is possible

16 hours ago, bmkTN said:

The project I'm most hoping gets its groundbreaking despite the inevitable slowdown is the Endeavor (Mazda) apartments.  I loved reading that TN Ledger article in which one of the Endeavor guys said that when they build an urban Whole Foods, large new developments tend to follow all around it for a 3-5 block radius.  That whole area is headed that way anyway, but this will only speed it up.  Gotta think that stretch of Broadway will be totally transformed, and it can't come soon enough.

Rest assured that things are progressing. 

• Like 4

I have always wondered what the skyline would look like if it wasn't on a hill. That the hill is one reason our skyline is a bit underwhelming, or atleast that is my opinion on the matter. Mainly because from some angles you can barely even see the taller buildings. 

53 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I have always wondered what the skyline would look like if it wasn't on a hill. That the hill is one reason our skyline is a bit underwhelming, or atleast that is my opinion on the matter. Mainly because from some angles you can barely even see the taller buildings. 

I agree, but I like the hilliness, very unique. Not a lot of cities have a hilly downtown. Only cities I could think of besides nashville are cincy, pittsburgh, seattle, SF, and I think LA.

• Like 3