Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hey Clay, give us the entire list for those of us who are curious.

On a side note. The entire Boyle site is being fenced off now  with erosion barriers going in as well.

Large yellow ground crane going on site of Solis.

It's not a ranking list but here is my source. 

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/Elevations-Distances/elvadist.html#50

• Like 4

And now for the "other shoe to drop".

A crane is being erected to commence construction of the Solis North Gulch apartment community.  This is the former site of an AT&T work center and garage, which had been only about 15 years old ─ no more than 20.  Prior to that, the property had been abandoned from its then-previous use as a residential and commercial coal trans-loading business ─ Saint Bernard Coal, which had closed perhaps some 40-45 years ago.  A concrete and steel-girder railroad coal trestle tipple extended within this site, with a lead track running alongside and somewhat concentric to the arc curvature of the railroad track mainline, partially circumscribing the boundary of this property.   The tipple supported a single train track above series of steel chutes, used to discharge coal from railway loaded hopper cars, with their doors opened on their undersides, into delivery trucks beneath it. This was dismantled just before AT&T prepared for the use of this property, which had been up for lease or sale, many years prior.

This property was "enlarged" with the purchase of some right-of-way from the CSX RR, after which the RR berm to the long-abandoned and dismantled coal trestle was excavated, freeing up additional footage.  The only vestige of what used to be this wayside structure is the paved over track segment across 12th Ave, just east of the Marathon Village building.  Part of the cut-off rails have been barely exposed to view.  The TDOT "Fast Fix 8" bridge project also "wiped" out the path, with the narrowing of the RR overpass.

Capital_View_2016-1009_Solis-North-Gulch_02.JPG

Paved over portion of RR track that once led to the repurposed site (on the opposite side of the Interstate)

St. Bernard Coal abandoned track vestige markup.jpg

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 4

Update on the HCA Capitol View Building 

1st group moving in during the October Month over a 4-6 week time frame. Everyone will be in by 12/31. Building will be full. 

New Conference Center space has 30K total sq/ft. The largest room will accommodate ~500 people.

Sarah Cannon, HPG, and Parallon are all planning to move.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From today's Nashville Post:

Charlotte-based Terwilliger Pappas has landed multiple permits for its Solis apartment building under construction in the Capitol View in the North Gulch.Construction Enterprises Inc. is handling the job (which includes a three-level parking deck), with the permits valued at a collective approximately $51 million.

The 271-unit Solis (pictured) will be located at 600 11th Ave. N. on a three-acre site at the northeast corner of the intersection of 11th and Jo Johnston Avenue. Terwilliger Pappas earlier this year paid AT&T $10 million for the property. The project is expected to carry a price tag of about $64 million.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think one problem in landing the grocery store is afternoon traffic. I drive that way home everyday, from downtown and turning up 11th. It is so slow that the idea of pulling off and trying to get back into that traffic is not appealing. Once enough foot traffic customers move in, from the new offices and apartments, maybe a grocery will come.

37 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Can the area support a grocery here? There is one planned In Germantown on Second, the Whole Foods on Broadway, not to mention the fact they are wanting one at the Elmington site which is a good ways off.

I guess I'm looking at it as....this site is actually under construction and they have always said this one would have a grocery store, but now it seems like it's more of a "possibility". I think this area will also serve East Nashville....so, in that sense I think it's a pretty broad area. I think there is room for different types of stores (Publix, Whole Foods, Trader Joes etc)...but probably not 2 Whole Foods and such.

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Can the area support a grocery here? There is one planned In Germantown on Second, the Whole Foods on Broadway, not to mention the fact they are wanting one at the Elmington site which is a good ways off.

I still think the project could support a grocery store with all of the medium density housing existing and planned in the area. It could also serve as the Gulch convenience store until something more suitable comes along in the Gulch. I have friends who live at Eleven North and they do gripe about not having a grocery store nearby.

• Like 1