Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, Canuck87 said:

A grocery store in that area could potentially serve the new residential developments along Charlotte and around Centennial Park. Although, there is already a Kroger on Charlotte only a few miles from Capitol View.

There's also one on Rosa Parks probably less than a mile from the Capitol.  Kroger is interesting because I'm sure they'd like to have a nicer, trendier urban store in the CBD sometime soon but I don't know that they'll do it as long as they have their Rosa Parks location.  I wonder if they might not want to sell that property on RP at some point when it's valuable enough to have one in one of the new downtown developments instead.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:31 AM, bmkTN said:

There's also one on Rosa Parks probably less than a mile from the Capitol.  Kroger is interesting because I'm sure they'd like to have a nicer, trendier urban store in the CBD sometime soon but I don't know that they'll do it as long as they have their Rosa Parks location.  I wonder if they might not want to sell that property on RP at some point when it's valuable enough to have one in one of the new downtown developments instead.

Kroger also has the store on 21st Ave and Blair (was developed by Harris Tee-tar), which, as the crow flies, isn't too far from Centennial or Charlotte Ave. I live in one of them new developments on Charlotte Ave. near Centennial, and sometimes wind my way over to that Kroger, rather than trudging out to the one further west off Charlotte. 

35 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

Kroger also has the store on 21st Ave and Blair (was developed by Harris Tee-tar), which, as the crow flies, isn't too far from Centennial or Charlotte Ave. I live in one of them new developments on Charlotte Ave. near Centennial, and sometimes wind my way over to that Kroger, rather than trudging out to the one further west off Charlotte. 

If you can find a parking spot at that Kroger. It is always packed. The area could definitely support another grocery store, especially in the next few years as density increases.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

The Nashville special...a handsome tower atop a lifeless bland parking garage base.  :tw_expressionless:

You're being too generous. I'd say it's more like a bland tower (a la Parkway Towers) atop an equally bland parking garage/giant planter. It's too bad these buildings going up today weren't built in the 1980s. At least there was some style and attempts to build something that didn't look like 90% of the other buildings going up. :(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boyle and Northwestern ask to add one more story (increasing it to 10) to largest building in Phase II of Capitol View roll-out.  This is the strutctre that will house the still-unannounced hotel. From today's Nashville Post:

The developers of Capitol View in the North Gulch will go before the Metro Planning Commission this week to seek some additional building height for the next component of the overall project.

Specifically, property owner North Charlotte Avenue Holdings LLC will request 10 feet of additional height to construct a 10-story mixed-used building (pictured), according to a Metro document.

The commission meeting is slated for Thursday, Feb. 9. Metro Planning Department staff have recommended approval.

The site on which the building will rise is bounded by Jo Johnston Avenue on the north, rail road tracks to the east, Nelson Merry Street to the south and 11 Avenue North to the west.

A hotel is expected to be part of the building, which will sit on Block E. Boyle Nashville and Northwestern Mutual are developing the bulk of Capitol View.The HCA tower now open and a LifeWay office building under construction are part of Capitol View, as is Solis North Gulch, an apartment building Charlotte-based Terwilliger Pappas is developing.

Relatedly, on the northeast corner of the intersection of 11th and Charlotte avenues (and on the south side of Nelson Merry), Boyle and Northwestern have started work on a large-scale mixed-use building.

The team has not yet announced the hotel brand or any retail names for the two aforementioned buildings.

Capitol View Phase II additioanl floor, FEb 2017.png

The building featured is the one in center back of this rendering:

Capitoal View updated render, Feb 2017.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...