Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

10 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

Went to the sold out Griz show at Marathon Musicworks on Thursday Night.   When the show was over everyone spilled out of Marathon and began hailing Ubers.    Lots of folks standing around and waiting.

Knowing that the Capitol View project's streets are now opened I dragged my girlfriend down Clinton Street under I-65 into Capitol View and onto, I believe,  11th Avenue North.  We took 11th into The Gulch and to the The Icon.   This was approximately a 1.25 mile walk.  None of the street activation is open in the Capitol View Project yet but the buildings look great, the ML Rose sign is up, and the walk is quick and easy.  Capitol View is going to really change the urban feel of this part of Nashville.  Being able to walk from The Gulch to Marathon Musicworks with street activation the entire way is going to be great.

it really warms my heart that dance music producers and deejays can still do their thing at marathon village :)

I think we all knew this was planned, but good to receive official confirmation!

Publix to open in Capital View Development

Publix Super Markets is planning a grocery store in downtown Nashville, within one of the city's biggest developments along a fast-changing corridor.

A Publix grocery store is in the works for the Capitol View mixed-use development at 1100 Charlotte Ave., according to multiple real estate sources — two of whom went as far as describing the store as a "done deal."

Publix's interest in downtown is no surprise. Downtown's residential population surpassed 10,000 this year and could hit 11,000 by year's end, according to projections from the Nashville Downtown Partnership. That population has more than doubled since 2010, and the majority of those residents earn $100,000 a year or more, according to the partnership's survey. There are plenty of daytime mouths to feed, too: Tourist visits remain at all-time highs, and the number of people who work downtown is approaching 60,000 — or roughly 10,000 more than in 2012, according to the partnership.

The Capitol View development stands as one of the most expansive projects underway in Nashville's real estate boom. The $750 million development already has about 2,000 employees on-site, in an office building for subsidiaries of HCA Healthcare Inc. (NYSE: HCA). Another 1,000 or so employees of LifeWay Christian Resources are set to move into their new headquarters by year's end.

Messages to multiple officials at Publix and at Boyle Investment Co., which is spearheading Capitol View, were not returned. The two companies have done a number of deals before, including at Boyle's Berry Farms development under construction south of Franklin.

Boyle's marketing flyers for Capitol View show a 26,900-square-foot grocery space in the base of a six-story building that is now under construction along Charlotte Avenue. That amount of space is in line with the footprint of a typical urban grocery store, which is smaller than the more traditional suburban store.

That particular building also includes 378 apartment units, as well as 40,000 square feet of office space and other retail and restaurant space. Retail customers will be able to park in the building's garage for free.

The building is scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2018, according to marketing materials. Construction also is underway on a 10-story office building anchored by the headquarters for HealthStream Inc. (Nasdaq: HSTM). Northwestern Mutual's real estate arm is financing the development.

Publix will face some competition. As just one example, Whole Foods (now owned by Amazon.com) is opening a 41,500-square-foot grocery store in the base of a 27-story tower under construction at 1200 Broadway. That site is about a half-mile away from the Capitol View development.

Edited by Guest

I imagine the one on 8th is there to compete with the Kroger stores further south on 8th and over on 21st (competing for 12 south and Belmont shoppers). The capital view store should compete with the broadway Whole Foods and the Kroger on Monroe in Germantown. Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

Solis (5 and 6 stories, 238 units) update.

Looking north from intersection of 11th Ave. North and Jo Johnston Ave:

Solis, Nov 11, 2017 1.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of 11th Ave. North and Jo Johnston Ave:

Solis, Nov 11, 2017 2.jpg

Looking NE from 11th Ave. North half a block south of Clinton St:

Solis, Nov 11, 2017 3.jpg

Looking SE from 11th Ave. North half a block south of Clinton St:

Solis, Nov 11, 2017 4.jpg

Looking NE into main lobby at corner of 11th Ave. North and Jo Johnston Ave:

Solis, Nov 11, 2017 5.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, markhollin said:

Has anybody noticed where "B" is below, between HCA and LifeWay, there's now a brand new surface parking lot? Does anybody know what's going on with that? I first thought it was temporary, but then it seemed like quite an expense to design and put up a parking lot if they're just going to put a new building there later.

David

Hampton Inn Capitol View map, Aug 25, 2017.png