Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, e-dub said:

Either you've gone on Kroger's best day or Publix's best day. That Kroger at Gallatin x  Eastland is as garbage as it gets.

I go there one or two times a week, most weeks, and have never had a problem other than the one time I found a container of sour cream that had expired.  Their wine manager, btw, is exceptionally helpful and friendly.  Now, I do remember finding the staff at the Franklin Pike Kroger in Melrose to be rude, but that was years ago that I shopped there regularly.  I'm sure the Little Brentwood, er, 12South crowd has addressed that.

• Haha 2

No. They were actually gone before I moved here 12 years ago. But I think they were bought by BiLo, which were ok, but the buildings were pretty run-down. Food City bought them about 2-3 years ago and spruced up their stores. I am grateful to Publix just for injecting competition here and forcing the old guard to put money into their stores.

Chattanooga is a weird grocery market. I have heard (and think I've seen old buildings) that Kroger used to be here, like 40 years ago. I'd guess FC has largest market share, then maybe Publix or WalMart (collectively). Then there are a few Ingles/Food Lions in outlying parts. Aldi, and of course, the single Whole Foods, Fresh Market & Earth Fare. 

I

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

We don't have Kroger. Always thought that was so strange as we're smack in the middle of three of their large markets. 

Doesn't make sense to me either. The Knoxville stores are stocked out of their Atlanta DC as well. So they already have trucks driving through Chatt going to Knoxville, Harriman, & Crossville. Maybe eventually they will make it there as they have stores all the way up to Dalton, GA, so not that far out. Nashville, Knoxville, Atlanta, & Huntsville all have Krogers. 

I have never understood the constant comparison of Kroger to Publix as Wal-Mart is their main competition. Of course you are going to get a better selection of food and service at Publix, but you are also paying for it. Would be like me saying I like the steaks at Stoney River more than Outback. 

• Like 1

A Jon Alan Salon will open in late October in the Capitol View Phase II structure that will also house the new Publix grocery store and 378 apartments.  More retail announcements should be coming soon.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21022877/capitol-view-lands-highend-salon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Publix grocery store at Capitol View will open by fall of 2019 on the first floor of the east side of the building facing Charlotte Ave. (soon to be renamed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) closest to the CSX railroad tracks. 

This Publix will open before the one on 8th Ave S, which seems to be stuck.  I didn't know Charlotte Ave was changing its name.  While I have utmost respect for MLK, I think the name Charlotte is pretty.

• Like 1