Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I think "reasonable" might have been longer ago than five years. I looked at a unit at The Exchange Bldg on Church Street in 2004, pre-renovation--1300 sq ft @ $200,000. I wonder what that unit would go for today! (I probably should have bought that condo.)

Edited by donNdonelson2
More info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The lot on the western side of Capitol View being reserved for the eventual Sarah Cannon Research Center is undergoing some infrastructure work.  Looks like new sewer lines, and perhaps some underground power grid.  

Looking NE from intersection of Nelson Merry St. and George L. Davis Blvd: 

Capitol View Sarah Canon lot 1, July, 2017.jpg

Looking east from embankment of George L. Davis Blvd: 

Capitol View Sarah Canon lot 2, July, 2017..jpg

• Like 4

From Nashville Post:

Boyle Investment Co. is listing the future retail space in the Capitol View mixed-use building now under construction for $35 per foot, according to a Loop Net listing. Grant Kinnett, a Boyle broker, is handling the listing.

Boyle has yet to announce any retailers slated for what could be up to nine spaces in the ground floor of the building.

When finished, the mixed-use Capitol View will span 32 acres and include buildings with a collective 1.1 million square feet of Class A office space, 130,000 square feet of retail and restaurant apace, a 169-room hotel (the brand has not been announced), a high-end apartment building and a 2.5-acre park. All parking will be free.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

From Nashville Post:

Boyle Investment Co. is listing the future retail space in the Capitol View mixed-use building now under construction for $35 per foot, according to a Loop Net listing. Grant Kinnett, a Boyle broker, is handling the listing.

Boyle has yet to announce any retailers slated for what could be up to nine spaces in the ground floor of the building.

When finished, the mixed-use Capitol View will span 32 acres and include buildings with a collective 1.1 million square feet of Class A office space, 130,000 square feet of retail and restaurant apace, a 169-room hotel (the brand has not been announced), a high-end apartment building and a 2.5-acre park. All parking will be free.

I'm guessing free parking is going to be a temporary perk, at least until the development is well-established. I imagine as things fill up in that area, they will start charging to park. I'm going to also guess that it will be time-limited free parking.

4 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

I think the free parking will remain....The Hills Center and Green Hills Mall has free parking and that is some valuable real estate as well.

I don't think even Green Hills has the parking crunch that DT Nashville has....especially when all the areas around CV fill in.

Capitol View Phase II (7 stories, apartments, retail, office) beginning 5th floor in sections.

Looking NE from corner of Charlotte Ave. and 11th Ave. North:

Capitol View 1, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Looking west along Charlotte Ave. from under the CSX overpass:

Capitol View 2, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Looking north from Charlotte Ave. along the North Gulch Greenway that runs parallel to the CSX tracks:

Capitol View 3, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

Looking south from Jo Johnston Ave. from under the CSX overpass:

Capitol View 4, Aug 6, 2017.jpg

• Like 4