Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

All parking will be free.

Parking can be done for free if that is a choice of the developer, they can just roll it into the performa. Mark my words however, the cost is still there and you are sacrificing something good to have that perk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From today's Nashville Post:

A Capitol View site in the North Gulch is slated for a large-scale parking lot.

Nashville-based Solomon Builders is handling the job, with a recently issued permit valued at $2.1 million.

To have an address of 515 11th Ave. N., the 347-space lot will be positioned between the 1100 Charlotte tower (home to HCA operations) and the soon-to-be completed LifeWay Christian Resources headquarters building.

The parking lot is temporary, with co-developers Boyle Nashville and Northwestern Mutual eyeing a structure for it in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

From today's Nashville Post:

A Capitol View site in the North Gulch is slated for a large-scale parking lot.

Nashville-based Solomon Builders is handling the job, with a recently issued permit valued at $2.1 million.

To have an address of 515 11th Ave. N., the 347-space lot will be positioned between the 1100 Charlotte tower (home to HCA operations) and the soon-to-be completed LifeWay Christian Resources headquarters building.

The parking lot is temporary, with co-developers Boyle Nashville and Northwestern Mutual eyeing a structure for it in the future.

How far in the future are they eyeing for a structure? They would be better off leaving it a grassy area until then instead of having to break through some asphalt if a structure is indeed their plan. 

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

That particular lot is owned by HCA I  think and that is where they plan on 1 or 2 more buildings. It in the renderings, but I am 90% sure they bought that entire parcel when they did the Parallon building.

That is correct. HCA owns it. Currently, the plan is for one building on that lot, but, of course, that could change. No timetable that I'm aware of, so temporary parking will be a good use

Solis (6 stories, 238 units) update. Topped out (6th floor is towards the back).

Looking NE from intersection of Jo Johnston Ave. and 11th Ave. North:

Solis 1, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from Jo Johnston Ave. to the west of the CSX overpass (LifeWay's new building visible at far left):

Solis 2, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking north from intersection of 11th Ave. North and Nelson Merry St:

Solis 3, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Capitol View Phase II (7 stories, apartments, retail, office) up to 6th floor in sections.

Looking NE from corner of Charlotte Ave. and 11th Ave. North:

Capitol View Phase II 1, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking west alongCharlotte Ave. from under the CSX overpass:

Capitol View Phase II 2, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking north at eastern edge of development that faces the CSX tracks:

Capitol View Phase II 3, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Nelson Merry and 11th Ave. North:

Capitol View Phase II 4, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from 11th AVe. North just north of Charlotte Ave:

Capitol View Phase II 5, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

Solis (6 stories, 238 units) update. 

Looking NE from intersection of Jo Johnston Ave. and 11th Ave. North:

Solis 1, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from Jo Johnston Ave. to the west of the CSX overpass (LifeWay's new building visible at far left):

Solis 2, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of 11th Ave. North an Clinton Street:

Solis 3, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking east  from intersection of 11th Ave. North an Clinton Street:

Solis 4, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

• Like 2

Came across this on YouTube the other day and thought I'd share. Some nice drone footage of the construction showing an aerial view of the progress. The video is from August, so I'm sure there's been progress since then, but it's cool to see nevertheless. 

• Like 2