Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to 7th floor on HealthStreams Building, and 5th floor of internal garage as part of Phase III. 

Looking NE from intersection of 11th Ave. North and Nelson Merry St:

Capitol View Phase III, Jan 1, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SE from near intersection of 11th Ave. North and Jo Johnston Ave:

Capitol View Phase III, Jan 1, 2018, 2.jpg

Capitol View Phase III, Jan 1, 2018, 3.jpg

Initial pillars in place for what is either a portion of the new 10 story Hampton Inn, or another section of garage that will go next to it.  Looking south from Jo Johnston at the CSX overpass:

Capitol View Phase III, Jan 1, 2018, 4.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like the apparent 3-sash windows. Where is the Hampton going? If I understand where everything will be, it will be in that slot just beyond the middle block where the girders are up for the office building in first pic. Is that started yet? 

Also, I like the curve of the street. Not a boring straight line like exist in most downtowns. 

Edited by MLBrumby

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I like the apparent 3-sash windows. Where is the Hampton going? If I understand where everything will be, it will be in that slot just beyond the middle block where the girders are up for the office building in first pic. Is that started yet? 

Also, I like the curve of the street. Not a boring straight line like exist in most downtowns. 

From the interstate it looks like they’re doing some ground work where the Hampton Inn will be, but I haven’t been on 11th recently to confirm. 

• Like 1

I agree completely.  I am also bothered by the shape of those corners.  Is that typical in Nashville to have the wide sweeping corners instead of a sharper angle?  Look in that top picture how much further a pedestrian has to walk IN the street itself, just so cars can make quicker and easier turns.  Nashville is making great strides to becoming a more pedestrian friendly environment, but still has a long, long way to go before it can be considered a place that isn't built exclusively for car convenience.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I agree completely.  I am also bothered by the shape of those corners.  Is that typical in Nashville to have the wide sweeping corners instead of a sharper angle?  Look in that top picture how much further a pedestrian has to walk IN the street itself, just so cars can make quicker and easier turns.  Nashville is making great strides to becoming a more pedestrian friendly environment, but still has a long, long way to go before it can be considered a place that isn't built exclusively for car convenience.  

God yes. I assume there's a standard spec somewhere that they work off for these and it dearly needs to be updated. Both corner radius and these slip lanes that they allow to stick around are like 20 years out of date. I was amazed to see they did a whole reworking of the sidewalk for that project in Germantown at 2nd and Madison and left a huge pedestrian death trap there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Health Stream is looking at expanding it's commitment of 65,000 sq. ft. in the new Phase III building with an additional 17,000 sq. ft.  That new total of 82,000 will take up about 3 floors of the 10 story building.

More behind the paywall at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/27/exclusivehealthstream-looks-to-expand-new-downtown.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 3.47.59 PM.png

• Like 3