Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

Hampton Inn Capitol View (10 stories, 169 rooms) update.  Up to  7th floor.

Looking SE from intersection of 11th Ave. North and LifeWay Plaza (Jo Johnston Blvd.):

Hampton Inn, Capitol View, May 4, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking north along 11th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Nelson Merry St:

Hampton Inn, Capitol View, May 4, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking SW from LifeWay Plaza (Jo Johnston Blvd.), 1/2 block east of 11th Ave. North:

Hampton Inn, Capitol View, May 4, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, markhollin said:

How are you liking your new digs, Bob?  : )

The new office in Capitol View is very nice and is designed to attract a workforce of millennials. Very open to promote collaboration, many small spaces throughout for meetings to individual "focus" areas, lots of technology, lots of natural light. Nice views up here on the 9th and 10th floors! And no buttons in the elevators!

• Like 4

This is all a controls item. Elevators have several types of controls that tell the elevator what to do. If I am understanding the controls correctly this is most likely a “single automatic” control system.  Passengers push buttons once and the elevator moves through the destinations and stays at the final stop and waits for its next command

(https://symmetryelevators.com/elevator-operation/)

13 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

This is all a controls item. Elevators have several types of controls that tell the elevator what to do. If I am understanding the controls correctly this is most likely a “single automatic” control system.  Passengers push buttons once and the elevator moves through the destinations and stays at the final stop and waits for its next command

(https://symmetryelevators.com/elevator-operation/)

Correct

• 3 weeks later...

Capitol View Park update.

Looking SW from LifeWay Plaza (Jo Johnston Ave.) where i intersects with 10th Ave. North:

Capitol View Park, June 29, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from LifeWay Plaza (Jo Johnston Ave.) where i intersects with 10th Ave. North:

Capitol View Park, June 29, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking north from Nelson Merry St., 1/2 block west of 10th Ave. Circle:

Capitol View Park, June 29, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bridge Connector is another health care company (in this case data sharing) that will be relocating to Capitol View.  They will move from the Fifth Third Center to 500 11th Ave. North. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21078654/bridge-connector-relocating-to-capital-view

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Buildtall said:

Will there be something else built to the right of this building where the black fencing is up. 

Eventually. The parcel is owned by HCA now and there are eventual plans for an office building there, but from my understanding it will be a while.

You may also be referring to the area between the hotel and office building and if so , no plans for construction are in the works as far as I know. I think that is part of the hotel footprint.