Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

@LA_TN I’d go with B. 

Funny, i thought the same thing about those lights.     Same model as the ones at KVB roundabout that saw 100% of them bashed in.    All of those KVB light poles have been replaced btw, with larger models with less glass     We’ll see if people leave those alone.    Hope so.   

The park is beautiful     I’m envious of that green grass.     Mine is crispy brown.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

The wife and I visited Publix last night, along with almost half of downtown's residents.  A selfie was taken and is available on Instagram.  SOOOO glad to have this within walking distance of my condo!  I was especially happy to see a traffic light at the back-of-building exit onto Charlotte/MLK.  As soon as we drove up, the light went green and we were on MLK!  Publix probably had to pull some strings to get that installed.

No, that was installed for the Gulch Greenway, as that is where it crosses Charlotte Ave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Publix stores are consistently clean, well-stocked and the employees are usually super helpful.  However Publix is consistently much more expensive compared to Kroger and the price difference for the exact same item can be huge.  Kroger has one of the best e-coupon and direct mail marketing programs of any retailer.  They carefully target what you buy and send coupons accordingly.  The money saved redeeming Kroger Fuel Points is an additional big benefit.

• Like 1

We don’t have Kroger here anymore but I remember them as a kid in Atlanta and even my mom couldn’t stand Kroger because the employees never seemed to care about the customers, the condition of the stores or even their jobs. She’s a gourmet cook and could not stand the lack of knowledge or service among their staff. When Publix moved into the area around the late eighties she stopped big star and I’m pretty sure she even drives past fresh market which Is  less than a mile from her house to go to Publix.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LA_TN said:

But Publix BOGO reigns supreme

Let's not devolve into a best grocery store discussion! We have a Publix downtown with a Whole Foods coming soon! I think both will do well. The lines at Publix are impressive, thus far. And I think the lunch crowd will continue to grow

The place was packed this afternoon, almost too packed considering the size of the store. So happy to have this downtown. 

Love Publix, it’s more expensive than Kroger, but I find the produce and meat is of a higher quality, and the BOGO specials are typically really good. 

• Like 4

I didn’t intend to start series of Kroger critiques but they are fair and entirely self inflicted. 
I truly think they design the stores to be under lit and 50 shades of brown to hide age and wear. They grew to be monopolies in many towns and acted like it. I’m not anti union but Kroger’s let the unions affect customer service. Even today their responses to Publix always seem the least they can get by with. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Melrose Kroger’s when the new Publix on 8th opens up.....at some point in the apparently distant future. That is one slow construction project.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great how much the public loves the Publix store in downtown Nashville.

The first full grocer in downtown Raleigh, opening a few months, will also be a Publix, with very pent up demand. Now the first Wegman's store in Raleigh (not in downtown), their 100th, just opened and it was the largest opening ever for the chain. Just shows how quality and location are so key!

When that Whole Foods opens in the Endeavor... will that be nuts or what. Also, does that area have higher residential density than the Capital View area?

• Like 1

The build-out for Bridge Connector's future space at the HealthStream Building (500 11th Ave. North) will cost $1.8 million, and should be underway very soon, and will be handled by Flow Construction.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21091250/exgibson-building-in-gulch-to-be-razed

• Like 1

Went into Publix today for a look see.

Convenient for the folks downtown.

Expensive for the folks downtown. I did check a few items and they were 2 to 4 bucks more expensive (each) on the four things I checked than the competition. I guess if you can afford to live their then you can afford to pay the prices.

Mediocre craft beer selection for a downtown store. That may change.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ingram said:

Balderdash. This forum would be filled with moaning and caterwauling if there were old brick buildings everywhere.

Look at the Graduate, Sverdling, and Holston House thread. Most are highly complimentary of the brick buildings. Nashville needs some variety, as brick is classic, it ages well, and it is hard to mess up. Plus it meshes well with the overall feel of the city with the old brick buildings of Broadway/2nd Ave.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ingram said:

Balderdash. This forum would be filled with moaning and caterwauling if there were old brick buildings everywhere.

I see you 'moan and caterwaul' about supposed "moaning and caterwauling" in seemingly every other post you make.  Usually though, the only baseless, truly out-of-the-blue and without context "moaning and caterwauling" I see on this forum comes almost exclusively from you.  Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1