Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

18 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

Look at the Graduate, Sverdling, and Holston House thread. Most are highly complimentary of the brick buildings. Nashville needs some variety, as brick is classic, it ages well, and it is hard to mess up. Plus it meshes well with the overall feel of the city with the old brick buildings of Broadway/2nd Ave.

Brick looks old and outdated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Pit Bulls is a breed that is being banned in a number of cities. I know there are a lot of folks that love their dogs but those breeds are bred to fight and should not be arounf other dogs or kids.

Unfortunately I am all for banning that breed. But I have to say that is also the risk you take by letting your dog run free at these dog parks. Most dog trainers dont like them. My question is why are their more dog parks than playgrounds? Also, a lot of the dog owners are irresponsible people by not picking up their dogs poop and just letting them pee anywhere and kill all the grass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

... unless they aren't.  I agree that Pit Bulls are too often bred and raised by idiots who abuse them and see them as mean guard dogs or fighting dogs, and I agree that those particular animals shouldn't be brought around other people or other dogs for that matter.  However, let's not pretend that they're just naturally disposed to being violent.  Some of the sweetest, most gentle, most kid friendly dogs I know are Pit Bulls, or at least part Pit Bull.  There is a reason they were known as "nanny dogs" back in the day in England.  Perhaps the key is to ensure that they were raised from puppy-hood in a loving home... of course, that's a difficult thing to ensure, which I suppose is where the problems begin to trickle in.  I will readily admit that it is a tricky situation.  I just hate to see entire breeds demonized. 

Totally agree, @BnaBreaker.   There is nothing about the breed that makes it inherently dangerous.     We foster dogs from Nashville Humane and some of the best dogs we've had are terriers of this type.   Yes, lots of cities have pass breed-specific legislation banning them, but those are in reaction to public sentiment, not based on evidence that the breeds are more prone to bite than any other breed.    What should be banned are owners that abuse and train the dogs to be vicious.      But this is off topic.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that it's important to emphasize that Pit Bulls are not inherently violent in any way. That said, they have a greater capacity to cause harm due to their strength and mass . Through history they were literally bred for the purpose of fighting other animals, so an extra level of control is needed to ensure they don't harm anybody. In this case, the owner clearly abused the good will of the dog park and acted really selfishly. 

Edited by henburg

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

forgot to mention this I asked about the WeWork location in Capitol View while I was in Nashville a few weeks ago I was told that a PRIME company that is adding 1000s of jobs to the Gulch area leased all it for their temporary office until their 500K sq ft tower is done.  

Thanks. Does anyone know who that company is? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Solis (6 stories, 271 apts.).  I hear this is 90% leased. Some shots from their website.

Looking south from rooftop amenities deck before the Hampton Inn (10 stories) filled the foreground where the crane is:

Solis Capitol View view SE.png

Looking west from rooftop amenities deck (two approx. 10 story structures  will be on the surface lot within the next few years)

Solis Capitol View view Sw.png

• Like 2

Capitol View as it looked in 1968 when the National Life and Accident Insurance Company tower was under construction.  The neighborhood in the foreground is now part of I-40, I believe.   Parkway Towers, to the left of the Capitol, was another recent addition to the skyline.

DSC_5971.thumb.jpg.dec01024453b171480067471079866ca.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/26/2019 at 8:04 PM, KJHburg said:

forgot to mention this I asked about the WeWork location in Capitol View while I was in Nashville a few weeks ago I was told that a PRIME company that is adding 1000s  (5000 to be exact) of jobs to the Gulch area leased all it for their temporary office until their 500K sq ft tower is done at nearby Nashville Yards. 

Does that not signal weak demand for prime office space?  Otherwise why would they settle for a short term tenant?  Need advice from the experts here, please.

2 minutes ago, Native said:

Does that not signal weak demand for prime office space?  Otherwise why would they settle for a short term tenant?  Need advice from the experts here, please.

No Wework often leases to so called enterprise tenants.  In Charlotte Wework leases full floors to Wells Fargo and Ally Bank among other in addition to their smaller 1-50 person offices.  For Wework is brings good cash flow for a few years  while their permanent office is done.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazon is leasing a lot of space around town until the new digs are done. Its not just WeWork space, as I think they also have leased space in the new Cap. View office building and maybe a few others. They have to be ready to move in and roll with the flow when the new building is finished and have people trained.

• Like 2

Amazon is leasing a lot of space around town until the new digs are done. Its not just WeWork space, as I think they also have leased space in the new Cap. View office building and maybe a few others. They have to be ready to move in and roll with the flow when the new building is finished and have people trained.

That’s probably another thing banks and the like notice, making spec office projects that much more risky. Amazon will vacate a hefty amount of space from various buildings in the urban core once they’re able to move into their personal space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk