Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

Big Shake's Hot Chicken will open soon in the HCA tower at 421 11th AVe. North, in the ground level space formerly inhabited by Your Pie Pizza.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/hot-chicken-eatery-slated-for-north-gulch/article_c95c77a8-95b8-11ec-adf7-cfd68b445a28.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I recall that HCA is busting at the seams in their mid-rise tower.  I'm sure they regret not going 50% taller.

And that cheapo parking deck next to them. Also looks like a big lost opportunity for a nice development.

Now the large surface parking area... I wonder if there's plans to go vertical there?  I saw nothing in the Capital View master plan about future structures.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rolly said:

Now the large surface parking area... I wonder if there's plans to go vertical there?  I saw nothing in the Capital View master plan about future structures.

The renderings from 4 years ago showed a 10 story Sarah Cannon Cancer Research Center and another 11 story hotel.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The renderings from 4 years ago showed a 10 story Sarah Cannon Cancer Research Center and another 11 story hotel.

Interesting. With the Nashville Yards towers going up to 650', I wonder if plans for Capital View will revise to increase their floor counts. Seems they can easily support a 20+ tower.  I guess it depends on specific client's needs. 

Edited by rolly
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, rolly said:

I recall that HCA is busting at the seams in their mid-rise tower.  I'm sure they regret not going 50% taller.

And that cheapo parking deck next to them. Also looks like a big lost opportunity for a nice development.

Maybe there will be an opportunity for them to add some office space in the third Amazon tower? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Maybe there will be an opportunity for them to add some office space in the third Amazon tower? 

If there is one thing I learned while working at HCA is they like to own their buildings. I use to work at the Dell building and HCA was renting from Dell for a bit. HCA eventually bought the building from them. Dell now pays rent to HCA for the Dell building. Makes me lol when I think about it.

Maybe the pandemic has changed that mind set, though it could be temporary space if they did decide to rent. Rent until they secure land or buy a building they like. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Joe Vicari Restaurant Group has landed a permit valued at $3.75 million to open two restaurants at Capitol View. Joe Muer Seafood and Andiamo Presto will share a 13,000 square feet located at 500 11th Ave. North.

The two restaurants will have separate dining rooms, though share a kitchen.

The restaurants are slated to open in January 2023, and will represent the company’s first foray into Tennessee. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/notes-grilled-cheeserie-pivots-closes-second-location/article_a7aafaa4-56eb-11ed-91bc-77d297275a1c.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Is there a story behind how those sfh's were built so close to the city's core?

MDHA owned/financed/built housing (they are not individual parcels for each house). This is the same blueprint style they have built in other locations around the city - such as the circled neighborhoods in East Nashville below.

image.thumb.png.72a8ab546fae61184c064413b4c20a7c.png

Unfortunate that there wasn't more foresight into the growth of the city core, but is what it is at this point. This scale of social housing is much easier to build and with funding for these kinds of projects hard to come by, it may be more understanding (even if not liked). We have seen more and more funding come into play in different ways (ie Envision Cayce, Napier Sudekom, Edgehill, etc) and the Barnes Fund receiving alot more local funding, so we can certainly strive for better solutions in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...