Capitol View Northwestern Mutual/HCA 32 acres of mixed use | UC

smeagolsfree

So....more or less, this is going to be like building another Eakin Tower, a Gulch Crossings, and a couple each of Velocity and Pine Street Flats, throw in a hotel or two, and add more retail than the rest of the Gulch currently has. 

If you think about that, it's pretty impressive. It's hard to get perspective since Gulch Crossings is U/C and Eakin is just now thinking about getting airborne...but I guess it will be somewhat of a shorter version of the original Gulch development.

• Like 1

This is such a large swath of land, this could be like Metro Center or Maryland Farms and take 30 years to fill out. The same with One City. Projects of this caliber and size take decades. It has taken Metro Center 40 years to get where it is now, and it took Cool Springs almost 40 years.

Cool Springs Galleria was built in 1991. So in reality, it's taken Cool Springs less than 25 years to get where it is today.

Also, on that note...speaking of large swaths of land...this is 32 acres? The area inside the mall loop at Cool Springs Galleria is about 72 acres. Maryland Farms (including roadways) is in the ballpark of 500 acres. Cool Springs as a whole is measured in square miles, not acres.

• Like 1

Cool Springs Galleria was built in 1991. So in reality, it's taken Cool Springs less than 25 years to get where it is today.

Also, on that note...speaking of large swaths of land...this is 32 acres? The area inside the mall loop at Cool Springs Galleria is about 72 acres. Maryland Farms (including roadways) is in the ballpark of 500 acres. Cool Springs as a whole is measured in square miles, not acres.

Yeah, I was about to say, I remember that area when it was just farm land and I was born in 83. Same thing with Maryland Farms when it was an actual farm that also raised horses. Edited by satalac

How many acres is Meredian Cool Springs? That's about full now and as I recall it started around 2006, so that's 8 years or so with a recession to build it out.

40 acres or so.

I was at Sugar Land (TX) Town Square tonight. Online research tells me that it is a 32 acre development. It includes offices, including Minute Maid HQ, a Marriott Hotel & conference center, residential (not sure if apts or condos) plus lots of retail and restaurants. Very pedestrian friendly in its layout. (At 11:00pm on Friday night it was very busy!) Capitol View could resemble this development and I'd be happy.

• Like 1

Development started in 1981 and in 1983 Service Merchandise moved into the building which was the first office building. The tornado of December 1986 almost wiped out the building.

Service Merchandise didn't spur development like the mall did, though. It wasn't as if there was a master plan for Cool Springs like there is for so many of these other smaller developments. It's a collection of many separate developments. I think the mention of Meridian has, by far, been the best comparison for Capitol View. Cool Springs as a whole is an area larger than Downtown and West End combined. That took 235 years to build out.

• Like 2

Service Merchandise didn't spur development like the mall did, though. It wasn't as if there was a master plan for Cool Springs like there is for so many of these other smaller developments. It's a collection of many separate developments. I think the mention of Meridian has, by far, been the best comparison for Capitol View. Cool Springs as a whole is an area larger than Downtown and West End combined. That took 235 years to build out.

And less than 235 years to destroy all the architectural gems that are now gone such as the Corinthian Lodge Alex Palmer destroyed for a giant hole.

• Like 3

There appear to be construction trailers amassing adjacent to the HCA site. Either that or a "Nashville" film crew, but seems like a desolate location to film. I'm going with construction trailers.

I can clearly see that lot from my office about halfway up the SW side of "the tower" or Snodgrass TN Tower to you non-State employees.  That is where they were staging the crews for "Nashville" for the past two years.  I don't know if that's what's going on there now, though.

I can clearly see that lot from my office about halfway up the SW side of "the tower" or Snodgrass TN Tower to you non-State employees.  That is where they were staging the crews for "Nashville" for the past two years.  I don't know if that's what's going on there now, though.

My view from the City Center is too far to see clearly.    Rats if it's the film crew.    I expect we'll see construction activity before too long, though.