Waters Building to add Hilton Homewood Suites/market-rate apartments

joeDowntown

• 1 month later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see all the excitement for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids and renovations at the Waters Center!  We can't wait to be open!  Keep up to date with our latest news on our facebook or Twitter page www.facebook.com/HomewoodDT or www.twitter.com/HomewoodDT or feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.  We look forward to being part of downtown.

It's nice to see all the excitement for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids and renovations at the Waters Center!  We can't wait to be open!  Keep up to date with our latest news on our facebook or Twitter page www.facebook.com/HomewoodDT or www.twitter.com/HomewoodDT or feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.  We look forward to being part of downtown.

Thanks for joining us Elijah! 

• 5 months later...

So I was downtown and noticed they had the signs attached to the building for this, I think they look really sleek.  I have a tendency to think of downtown GR as underrated, but I'm starting to feel like details are emerging like more hotel rooms from mid level brands that are pretty legit.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:20 PM, MJLO said:

So I was downtown and noticed they had the signs attached to the building for this, I think they look really sleek.  I have a tendency to think of downtown GR as underrated, but I'm starting to feel like details are emerging like more hotel rooms from mid level brands that are pretty legit.

I was downtown this weekend and saw the sign. 

26330284183_9ef4e8cfb1_o.jpg

2 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I walked by it about 6:30 PM yesterday.  Maybe it's my old eyes but I could barely read it.  There is not much contrast between the black background and the dark lettering.  Maybe it's going to be lit up and that will make it easier.  On the other hand if it's lit up I wouldn't want to be staying in a room next to the sign then.

On 5/10/2016 at 1:54 PM, walker said:

I walked by it about 6:30 PM yesterday.  Maybe it's my old eyes but I could barely read it.  There is not much contrast between the black background and the dark lettering.  Maybe it's going to be lit up and that will make it easier.  On the other hand if it's lit up I wouldn't want to be staying in a room next to the sign then.

I know, I kept trying to tweak the photo to make it stand out more and it didn't work. 

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Looks pretty sweet on the inside. I was wondering how this project was coming along. 

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2016/07/110-room_hotel_now_open_in_his.html

From the article...

-9f9191ea815ceabe.JPG

Awesome view.  This has to be one of the best Homewood Suites in the country.  Based on my experience, they are mostly suburban/airport convenient crap.

8 hours ago, The ATX said:

From the article...

-9f9191ea815ceabe.JPG

Awesome view.  This has to be one of the best Homewood Suites in the country.  Based on my experience, they are mostly suburban/airport convenient crap.

I know, look at the rooftop bar/lounge. I'd probably stay at this place over the JW or AGP. 

It appears as though there's a green roof just past the patio (yellow flowering plants maybe?). That's pretty cool. 

28322549795_d35fb52f41_z.jpg

10 hours ago, The ATX said:

From the article...

-9f9191ea815ceabe.JPG

Actually, the one in downtown Indianapolis is really cool too. They even have a manager's reception at night with free beer.  ;-)

It appears as though there's a green roof just past the patio (yellow flowering plants maybe?). That's pretty cool. 

Yes, it would appear so...

-24238ccecff3f7a2.JPG

This place looks great.

On 5/10/2016 at 1:54 PM, walker said:

The letters appear to be outlined with light rather than lit up themselves.

-8aa4b7a70d56d6d1.JPG

3 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

That does look really nice. Does anyone know if the bar / restaurant is open on the 2nd level?

Speaking of hotels, has anyone heard anything about City Flats expansion? Is it in full swing? Almost done?

Joe

There was a dumpster chute sticking out of the windows for quite a while from one of the upper floors. Not sure if it's still there? 

4 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I know, look at the rooftop bar/lounge. I'd probably stay at this place over the JW or AGP. 

28322549795_d35fb52f41_z.jpg

That rooftop bar really looks fantastic.  I want to go there as a local.

5 hours ago, RegalTDP said:

That rooftop bar really looks fantastic.  I want to go there as a local.

Per the concierge today, the rooftop bar will be reserved for hotel guests only, eventually. They'll have (or already have) a bar on the second floor that will remain open to the public. Not sure how long it will last, I'd go soon. He said they're open at 5 tonight.

11 hours ago, Prankster said:

Actually, the one in downtown Indianapolis is really cool too. They even have a manager's reception at night with free beer.  ;-)

You can't go wrong with free beer. :)  Even a Motel 6 on the interstate in the suspect part of town would be better with free beer.

On 5/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, GRDadof3 said:

The sign on Pearl is white instead black.  I wonder if they had complaints and are changing to white.  Also, the tan/cream/maroon portion on first floor exterior are being painted.  I'll try to get a few pics.

20 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

The sign on Pearl is white instead black.  I wonder if they had complaints and are changing to white.  Also, the tan/cream/maroon portion on first floor exterior are being painted.  I'll try to get a few pics.

In the midst of painting the Ottawa sign.

20160722_103526.jpg

20160722_103531.jpg

20160722_103504.jpg

Archived