Local Gun Ranges

satalac

Does anybody else on this forum enjoy shooting? I was wondering if anybody had favorite ranges to go to, both indoor and outdoor.

A few of my favorites are:

OK Corral in Woodbury (great outdoor range, though lacking really long distance for rifles)

Charlie Haffner Memorial Range in Franklin (another great outdoor range, though not as large as OK Corral)

On Target in Murfreesboro (decent indoor range, but getting pricey)

A few I'd like to check out:

Everything Weapons in Franklin (indoor range, I believe used to be Uzeltons, spoke with the owner at the Brentwood store, decent fella)

Nashville Armory in Nashville (been inside, just not in the range. Nice looking facilitiy)

One to stay away from:

Gun City in Nashville (they call it the range that shoots back for a reason, ricochets are a bit unnerving...)

Any others that you enjoy? Feel free to post up!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May as well post up what you like to shoot as well!

My ever growing collection:

Smith and Wesson M&P .40c (stock photo, but looks just like it, same light/laser combo)

opplanet-viridian-green-lsrs-c5l-w-taclo

Ruger LC9 (same as above, stock picture with the same laser that I have on it)

19956_L.jpg

Rock Island 1911 (mine)

2013-02-13_17-02-45_66.jpg

Bushmaster AR-15 (mine)

2013-02-14_21-43-56_818.jpg

Marlin 336 (mine)

2011-12-30_15-43-22_296.jpg

Remington 700 AAC-SD (not mine, but will look like this shortly with same scope and bipod minus the tan paint)

download34.jpg

Also a few shotguns and a .22 rifle. May pick up another AR, but chambered in .22 shortly. 

Just found a new outdoor range in Chapel Hill (new to me). Strategic Edge has capabilities of over 500 yards, so I may give them a look once my scope and bipod comes in next week. The only down side is that it's $150 for membership. Still pretty cheap for a year though.

• 3 weeks later...

Henry Horton SP has a nice trap, skeet and sporting clays facility.

As for indoor ranges...not really ever been to any.  I tend to punch .3" and .22" holes in paper on the family property in western middle TN.

Just got my first AR lower though that I'm working on building! Pretty excited about the options I have open to me for uppers.

Henry Horton SP has a nice trap, skeet and sporting clays facility.

As for indoor ranges...not really ever been to any.  I tend to punch .3" and .22" holes in paper on the family property in western middle TN.

Just got my first AR lower though that I'm working on building! Pretty excited about the options I have open to me for uppers.

Yeah, I've been to Henry Horton and it's pretty fun. There is another facility like it that was just built down the road closer to 840, but I'm not sure if it's open to the public or not. 

Yeah, I'd like to build an AR one day seeing how the prices and availability are back to normal. What upper are you going to use? Staying with .223 or going with a different caliber? I know a lot of guys are going with .300 Blackout now.

I just finished my Remington 700 build and am pleased with it so far. Shot it for the first time on Saturday, but still need to fine tune it. I was hitting steel 400 yards out, but not as accurately as I'd like.

IMG_20140106_191927_235.jpg

Archived