The Next Famous US Skyline

What will be the next famous US Skyline?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the next famous US Skyline?

• Atlanta
    • Charlotte
    • Cleveland
    • Pittsburgh
    • Philadelphia
    • Detroit
    • Los Angeles
    • Jacksonville
    • Nashville
    • Seattle
    • Minneapolis
    • Honolulu
    • Kansas City (Both Sides)
    • St. Louis
    • Phoenix
    • San Antonio
    • Austin
    • San Diego
    • Boston
    • Other

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can all agree that New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, San Framcisco, and Miami are the nation's most famous skylines. I just wanted to know, which city will be our next big skyline?

By famous, I mean recognized by many people around the world.

Washington DC would probably get an honorable mention in the above list.

My guess is that it will be Charlotte, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia.

Home town pride wins out for me...I voted for Atlanta.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is my original post. I said that Miami was already famous.

tx11.jpg

No one's said San Antonio yet?  Hmm... Already looks pretty impressive---I guess maybe slightly underappreciated?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must have been trying to be funny. If I saw a skyline like, that San Antonio would be one of the last I'd expect it to be. Emporis says that San Antonio only has 77 highrise buildings (12+ floors).

You must have been trying to be funny. If I saw a skyline like, that San Antonio would be one of the last I'd expect it to be. Emporis says that San Antonio only has 77 highrise buildings (12+ floors).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emporis says lots of things.

But I just looked up a pic of San Antonio online to see what it looks like (I've never seen it) and that's what popped up so I put it up there. If I'm mistaken then I apologize. Anyone got another pic that's... more-accurate per-say?

OK, wow I wish I could post Emporis pics on here... San Ant's skyline, for 1.2 million people, is rather paltry.  :sick:  And I thought Norfolk was bad---but we have 1 million less people and a comparable skyline!  Oh dear...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

San Antonio may look bad from a city standpoint that it has 1.2 million people. But when you look at it from a metro standpoint it is pretty normal for its size. It is pretty dense and urban tho from streetlevel and has some pretty good architecture.

Could be better but I've seen worse skylines for cities with higher population or even the same population as SA.

Archived