2014 Edition of Nashville

Lexy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful pictures!

I also liked seeing a Cathay Pacific widebody as your banner pic.  I grew up in Hong Kong and used to hang out at the HK airport observation deck with my brother just to watch all the planes, most of them CP.

Anyway, your pictures of Nashville are beautiful.

Thank you again.  I had to make a trip to Birmingham this weekend and that's slowed my editing down, but I'll get more up soon.  In the mean time, Birmingham is showing signs of economic life.  One question though, how does it have a Westin and Nashville doesn't????

^ Bigger head scratcher; how do we have a Westin here in Huntsville and Nashville doesn't?

Yeah, that's a biggie.  BUT!  Huntsville does have more college graduates than most cities its size and a lot of the jobs there are high paying jobs.  I would imagine it could support a hotel of that caliber pretty easily.

The only time I've stayed at a Westin was in Virginia Beach and I was NOT impressed.  Should a Westin be an especially fantastic property?  From that one experience, I do not see why everyone is so excited about the prospect of Westin coming into the Nashville market.

After going through the website, I don't see anything spectacular here. They have a Westin in Huntsville, and soon Chattanooga! Looks like a typical Marriott style property owned and managed by Starwood. I did not look at every one of the properties on the site, but most are in the 5-10 story range and rather generic. The one in Birmingham is 8 stories. The only one architecturally that impressed me was a 30+ story one in Charlotte.

I don't see anything here like an Omni or a Loews, which we have had since 1988.

What is the fuss?

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I've stayed at a Westin was in Virginia Beach and I was NOT impressed.  Should a Westin be an especially fantastic property?  From that one experience, I do not see why everyone is so excited about the prospect of Westin coming into the Nashville market.

Maybe it was because you were in Virginia Beach...the suckage just bleeds over to everything. :sick:

Most Westins I've stayed in tended to be pretty good.

Archived