Val Demings to take on Jacobs in Orange County mayor's race

spenser1058

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-demings-to-challenge-mayor-jacobs-20140107,0,1677232.story

Regardless of your politics in this, what I find really encouraging is that there will be a lively debate about the future of Orange County as a result of Val's entry into the race. Recent events suggest OC is becoming more and more Democratic, but Jake Stuart and the local business crowd seem to be willing to spend any amount of money to keep a GOP collar on the happenings at South Rosalind. Our politics are beginning to reflect those of a larger metro area at long last.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't ever feel like that mayor position should be anything other than serving the citizens of OC, and maybe that's why I'm so horribly disappointed in the job TJ has done as mayor.  She was such an effective fighter as commissioner, and I've just been so so disappointed as a citizen of her county to see such a blech mayor.   I'm personally am no Val Demmings fan either so I really wish someone with a bit more integrity would join in that mayor race.  Those two can't be the best we come up with.  Heck our two governor candidates we could do a whole lot better than.  Yeesh the political climate in this city blows.  That said Orlando is slated to blow up economy wise again and whoever is leading at the end of these elections gets to ride that wave to the top and take the credit that they did the job.  

I'm personally am no Val Demmings fan either so I really wish someone with a bit more integrity would join in that mayor race.  

Did you mean to imply Val does not have strong integrity? If so, can you cite examples that would make you think otherwise?  That is my least of concerns, I'd like to understand more what she can bring on the business and politics side (working with the city leaders) as well as her vision for the future.

You're correct.  I misused the word integrity when I should have said effective.  What I meant to say I wish someone who could be an effective leader would join the race.  I've felt the mayor since Crotty's days hasn't been a whole effective representative for the citizens but has been a better representative for special interests.  I don't think Val is capable of being any more effective.   That's what I meant.  Sorry.

Archived